Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-06-08T16:10:46Z by lboseman
Brito
Brito
24 Posts

Pinned topic Display Terminal functions and HeadlessException

‏2011-05-27T18:11:26Z |
My HATS app is running in a Linux based WAS7. the HATS admin terminal video feature works fine in my MS-Windows Workstation, but this feature does not work in Linux Environment. Following the error message:

"2011.05.27 14:29:32.082 com.ibm.hats.runtime.connmgr.HodConn createDataSourceConnection x11
ERROR HPS5018 An unexpected exception has occurred.
Frame unable to display: java.awt.HeadlessException."

Does anyone can help me?
Updated on 2011-06-08T16:10:46Z at 2011-06-08T16:10:46Z by lboseman
  • lboseman
    lboseman
    22 Posts

Re: Display Terminal functions and HeadlessException

‏2011-05-27T19:53:36Z  
    Hi,

You don't state what version of HATS you are using but may can refer to the HATS Users and Admin Guide on the HATS InfoCenter (below is the link for HATS 7.5). Follow the links to "Using HATS Administrative Console-->Display terminal functions"

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/hatshelp/v75/index.jsp

Here you will find information that directs you to a section of the HATS Info Center called called IBM i, System z, and Unix Platform-specific information. Under the Unix section,you will help for this issue. The steps should work for WAS 7 also.

Thanks,
    Lisa
  • Brito
    Brito
    24 Posts

‏2011-06-01T13:00:04Z  
    Lisa, Thank you. It was really helpful. We made some progress...

Now the Terminal DISPLAY appears, but not at the HATS Admin Console browser. It opens at the LINUX Server workstation only. It is not the expected scenario. Have you ever come across this situation? What do you supose that I forgot to do?
  • lboseman
    lboseman
    22 Posts

‏2011-06-01T14:32:14Z  
    • Brito
    • ‏2011-06-01T13:00:04Z
    Lisa, Thank you. It was really helpful. We made some progress...

Now the Terminal DISPLAY appears, but not at the HATS Admin Console browser. It opens at the LINUX Server workstation only. It is not the expected scenario. Have you ever come across this situation? What do you supose that I forgot to do?
    Hi Brito,

You have not made any errors. This is the way that the Display Terminal works. The Display Terminal is not shown in the browserfor the HATS Admin Consol. It is shown on the machine in which the WebSphere Application Server is installed.

I hope this helps.
    Lisa
  • Brito
    Brito
    24 Posts

‏2011-06-07T22:18:48Z  
    • lboseman
    • ‏2011-06-01T14:32:14Z
    Hi Brito,

You have not made any errors. This is the way that the Display Terminal works. The Display Terminal is not shown in the browserfor the HATS Admin Consol. It is shown on the machine in which the WebSphere Application Server is installed.

I hope this helps.
    Lisa
    Hi Lisa,

I am really surprised, because HATS Admin Console published in a WAS on Windows environment can display the terminal inside the browser of the admin, wherever this browser is open.

Are you saing that HATS Admin Console Display Terminal Feature works in a way in Windows and has another behavior in Linux environment???

Please, let me know.

By the way, I am attending at Innovate 2011. If you or your team are here. I will be proud to talk with you about it.

Regards,
    Brito
  • lboseman
    lboseman
    22 Posts

‏2011-06-08T16:10:46Z  
    • Brito
    • ‏2011-06-07T22:18:48Z
    Hi Lisa,

I am really surprised, because HATS Admin Console published in a WAS on Windows environment can display the terminal inside the browser of the admin, wherever this browser is open.

Are you saing that HATS Admin Console Display Terminal Feature works in a way in Windows and has another behavior in Linux environment???

Please, let me know.

By the way, I am attending at Innovate 2011. If you or your team are here. I will be proud to talk with you about it.

Regards,
    Brito
    HI Brito,

I'm afraid I don't quite understand how you have used the HATS Display Terminal in browser in the past. The Windows and Unix environments function in the same manner. The Display Terminal is started on the box that is installed with the WAS Server.

Our team does have a representative at Innovate 2011. I'm sure Ron can be of assistance.

Lia