Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-05-30T08:18:31Z by SystemAdmin
jwakefield
jwakefield
2 Posts

Pinned topic Rational Test Manager (v.6) - Help with Promoting

‏2011-05-27T01:35:20Z |
I'm working on a government software development project.....they are using a dated version of Test Manager (6.15). We have several testers running scripts out of test manager, unfortunately they sometimes forget to "promote" scripts once they are complete and thus they don't show up in reports we run.

I'm trying to figure out if there is any way to automatically have "Promote" checked by default on all scripts?

Is this possible, is there any way to auto-promote them so testers don't have to remember to check the "Promote" check box every time?

Thanks ahead of time for your help.
Best,

J
Updated on 2011-05-30T08:18:31Z at 2011-05-30T08:18:31Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1545 Posts

Re: Rational Test Manager (v.6) - Help with Promoting

‏2011-05-27T10:00:00Z  
    Hi J,
    I am attaching a utility which can be run against a TM project to promote all Results.
    Remember It will promote all Test logs, you can't decide what to promote and what to not.

-|- Pramod Chandoria
  • jwakefield
    jwakefield
    2 Posts

‏2011-05-27T13:54:57Z  
    Hi J,
    I am attaching a utility which can be run against a TM project to promote all Results.
    Remember It will promote all Test logs, you can't decide what to promote and what to not.

-|- Pramod Chandoria
    Ok so....

First off thank you for your help, this is much further than I've gotten anywhere else.

Just to be clear, this utility will promote all Test Scripts/Cases within a Test Plan/Project......whether or not they've been executed?

Also....I assume because this utility exists there are no settings/configurations built in to Rational Test Manager that would allow me to just have "promote" checked by default? Just to double check.

Thanks so much,

J
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1545 Posts

‏2011-05-30T07:55:05Z  
    Ok so....

First off thank you for your help, this is much further than I've gotten anywhere else.

Just to be clear, this utility will promote all Test Scripts/Cases within a Test Plan/Project......whether or not they've been executed?

Also....I assume because this utility exists there are no settings/configurations built in to Rational Test Manager that would allow me to just have "promote" checked by default? Just to double check.

Thanks so much,

J
    Hi J,
    This utility will actually Save the logs, not promote.
    If a log is not saved that also means it has not been promoted.
    However saving the log does not means it has been promoted as well.

Sorry for the confusion

-|- Pramod
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1545 Posts

‏2011-05-30T08:18:31Z  
    Ok so....

Thanks so much,

J
    Ok, I updated the utility so it will also promote testcase results besides saving them.
    I hope it helps

-|- Pramod Chandoria