Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-06-14T07:34:59Z by MyDeveloerWorks
MyDeveloerWorks
MyDeveloerWorks
2 Posts

Pinned topic Traceability between Requirements and Test Cases, but not code.

‏2011-05-24T09:48:54Z |
Hello All,

I am just 5 days into working with a new company that has a smaller size than my previous one. Previously I was in a large automotive project (30 , in which I was mandated by SQA to manage the requirements in such a say that each requirement could be traced to a SW code components and to an Integration Test Case and to a Validation Test.
SR->SW Component-> Test Case-> Validation

I am now in a smaller project in which they only maintain links between Product Requirements in DOORS and the Test Cases in QC (HP/Mercury). I dont want to add more process than is necessary, because there are no outside authorities mandating process conformance.

I want to just add enough process to minimize bug fixes in the future.
The IBM tools at my disposal are DOORS, Rhapsody and I have to integrate with subversion an HP/QC. My initial idea is to use Rhapsody Gateway to fill the gap what is the missing links between requirements and Code Artefacts.
Has anyone been in a similar situation? Suggestions welcome.
regards

Colm
Updated on 2011-06-14T07:34:59Z at 2011-06-14T07:34:59Z by MyDeveloerWorks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3545 Posts

Re: Traceability between Requirements and Test Cases, but not code.

‏2011-05-24T11:46:01Z  
    Hello,

Somewhere on the web is a link to Rational Collaborative Architecture Management which I believe links DOORS, Rhapsody, RQM (HP equivalent), and Team Concert. This could be a place to start. I read about it recently.
    It could be a point to look forward to.
  • MyDeveloerWorks
    MyDeveloerWorks
    2 Posts

Re: Traceability between Requirements and Test Cases, but not code.

‏2011-06-14T07:34:59Z  
    Hello,

Somewhere on the web is a link to Rational Collaborative Architecture Management which I believe links DOORS, Rhapsody, RQM (HP equivalent), and Team Concert. This could be a place to start. I read about it recently.
    It could be a point to look forward to.
    I found the following red paper:

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpapers/pdfs/redp4681.pdf
    From the outset, the optimal path would be to use RTC instead of subversion. The added value is having a "Work Item" based methodology, which is absent from using svn alone and RTC integrates with Rhapsody whereas svn requires the "PushOK Plug in" to work.

The only gap in the puzzle is the plug-in between HP Quality Centre. Has anyone out there used this plug in (by BSD group, I believe) and know ho much it costs?

rgds

Colm