Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-06-29T17:26:28Z by SystemAdmin
MaheshKharvi
MaheshKharvi
43 Posts

Pinned topic CIM target add doesn't take default agent path

‏2011-05-19T14:37:46Z |
I am trying to add multiple users to create a group.

While adding target, I am providing the install manager agent location. But CIM doesn't take this value.

Take a look at the picture.
Updated on 2011-06-29T17:26:28Z at 2011-06-29T17:26:28Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

Re: CIM target add doesn't take default agent path

‏2011-05-19T15:45:27Z  
    Hi Mahesh,

Please make sure the paths entered into the "Installation Manager data location path(s)" field are valid Installation Manager data locations. The location should contain installed.xml and installRegistry.xml.

In addition, user sctadmin must have read/write permission to the data location /fisc/middleware.

HTH
    Felix Wong
    CIM Development Team
  • MaheshKharvi
    MaheshKharvi
    43 Posts

‏2011-05-20T05:54:47Z  
    Hi Mahesh,

Please make sure the paths entered into the "Installation Manager data location path(s)" field are valid Installation Manager data locations. The location should contain installed.xml and installRegistry.xml.

In addition, user sctadmin must have read/write permission to the data location /fisc/middleware.

HTH
    Felix Wong
    CIM Development Team
    Felix,

As you said it is not a valid install data location.

I have some requirements.
    I want to install IM on 10 servers using target group option, I don't want to use default IM data location(i.e $USER_HOME).
    I would like to have data location pointing to /was/im_agent/$USER so that it is easier to manage.

Thanks,
    Mahesh
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

‏2011-05-24T14:28:54Z  
    Felix,

As you said it is not a valid install data location.

I have some requirements.
    I want to install IM on 10 servers using target group option, I don't want to use default IM data location(i.e $USER_HOME).
    I would like to have data location pointing to /was/im_agent/$USER so that it is easier to manage.

Thanks,
    Mahesh
    Hi Mahesh,

The "Install IBM Installation Manager" job has options to specify the data location. Did you try that?

Felix Wong
    CIM Development Team
  • MaheshKharvi
    MaheshKharvi
    43 Posts

‏2011-05-26T10:53:43Z  
    Hi Mahesh,

The "Install IBM Installation Manager" job has options to specify the data location. Did you try that?

Felix Wong
    CIM Development Team
    I am trying to install IM for target group, so want to specify unique location for each user.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

‏2011-05-26T14:24:51Z  
    I am trying to install IM for target group, so want to specify unique location for each user.
    Did you try specifying $USER in the data location path? If the shell of your target host can resolve it, this should be fine.
  • MaheshKharvi
    MaheshKharvi
    43 Posts

‏2011-06-29T15:17:26Z  
    Did you try specifying $USER in the data location path? If the shell of your target host can resolve it, this should be fine.
    Felix,

I know this is late to respond. But it doesn't take variables specified in ~/.profile.
    We can use only those variables defined by system.

Thanks,
    Mahesh
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

‏2011-06-29T17:26:28Z  
    Felix,

I know this is late to respond. But it doesn't take variables specified in ~/.profile.
    We can use only those variables defined by system.

Thanks,
    Mahesh
    CIM does not run the remote commands in a shell and therefore it does not have access to the user's environment.

Regards,
    Felix Wong