Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-05-17T19:41:24Z by MichaelCheng
UmaMaheshS
UmaMaheshS
3 Posts

Pinned topic CIM failed to save job inputs. Also, no option to reuse jobs.

‏2011-05-17T14:23:16Z |
Greetings,

I observed that CIM failed to save job details and it's inputs. Is IBM planning to improve this functionality?
Job status shows ouput but there is not input information. We are unable to troubleshoot problems with output info without even knowing it's input details.

In addition, are you planning to offer an option to resubmit the job that's already invoked? This will prevent us from creating new jobs every time.

Regards

Mahesh
Updated on 2011-05-17T19:41:24Z at 2011-05-17T19:41:24Z by MichaelCheng
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

Re: CIM failed to save job inputs. Also, no option to reuse jobs.

‏2011-05-17T15:32:39Z  
    Hi Mahesh,

CIM in V8 is built as an addon to the job manager. We do aware that job manager does not display the job parameters in the job status. You may add some job specific information to the description field to help you to identify the jobs.

I will take your suggestions and discuss with my team.

Regards,
    Felix Wong
    CIM Development Team
  • MichaelCheng
    MichaelCheng
    10 Posts

Re: CIM failed to save job inputs. Also, no option to reuse jobs.

‏2011-05-17T19:41:24Z  
    Hi Mahesh,

CIM in V8 is built as an addon to the job manager. We do aware that job manager does not display the job parameters in the job status. You may add some job specific information to the description field to help you to identify the jobs.

I will take your suggestions and discuss with my team.

Regards,
    Felix Wong
    CIM Development Team
    We have taken the input as requirement for enhancement in a future release. In the mean time, please use continue to supply a meaningful description for each job.