Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-14T18:41:35Z by hamzilla
mobarger
mobarger
10 Posts

Pinned topic Could not make a connection to the node agent or IBM HTTP Server administra

‏2011-05-17T10:21:19Z |
Hi - I have installed IHS on 17 different servers, all exactly the same. I am having issues with one of them.
When trying to propagate the plugin or keystore I receive
"Could not make a connection to the node agent or IBM HTTP Server administration server on node myNode01."

Coincidentally when installing the plugin I received this error which I googled and IBM said to ignore.

(May 16, 2011 4:48:08 PM), Process, com.installshield.wizardx.actions.LaunchBrowserAction, err, java.io.IOException: konqueror^@: not found STACK_TRACE: 11 java.io.IOException: konqueror^@: not found at java.lang.UNIXProcess.fullPath(UNIXProcess.java:361) at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:172) at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:114) at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:466) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:607) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:480) at com.installshield.util.BrowserLauncher.openURL(BrowserLauncher.java:578) at com.installshield.wizardx.actions.LaunchBrowserAction.execute(LaunchBrowserAction.java:62) at com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext.run(RunnableWizardBeanContext.java:21)

I have uninstalled the plugin, IHS, renamed their old parent directory, reinstalled, with the same result. I am running WAS/IHS 6.1.0.19 under RHEL 5.
Ideas?
Updated on 2012-05-14T18:41:35Z at 2012-05-14T18:41:35Z by hamzilla
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3908 Posts

Re: Could not make a connection to the node agent or IBM HTTP Server administra

‏2011-05-17T11:51:51Z  
    Are you running the IHS admin server or a node agent on the webserver machine? Does your dmgr have connectivity to it?
  • mobarger
    mobarger
    10 Posts

‏2011-05-17T12:31:48Z  
    Are you running the IHS admin server or a node agent on the webserver machine? Does your dmgr have connectivity to it?
    Very simple set up 1:1 WAS:IHS on VMs. No clusters, no dmgr. I disabled firewall in case of a port conflict, no go. I recreated a webserver instance with a different name in case I had remnants in a config file somewhere, nope. I copied plugin-cfg.xml from a working server, changed applicable settings (ie hostname) and that didn't work.

WAS has been in place for a few years, IHS is the new addition. I am almost wondering if I need to wipe everything out and reinstall the whole stack. But I'd like to save that as my last option. ;)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3908 Posts

‏2011-05-18T10:48:16Z  
    • mobarger
    • ‏2011-05-17T12:31:48Z
    Very simple set up 1:1 WAS:IHS on VMs. No clusters, no dmgr. I disabled firewall in case of a port conflict, no go. I recreated a webserver instance with a different name in case I had remnants in a config file somewhere, nope. I copied plugin-cfg.xml from a working server, changed applicable settings (ie hostname) and that didn't work.

WAS has been in place for a few years, IHS is the new addition. I am almost wondering if I need to wipe everything out and reinstall the whole stack. But I'd like to save that as my last option. ;)
    You can't manage a remote webserver without either a node agent or an IHS admin server, and you still haven't even hinted that one or the other is running. No reason to reinstall WAS.
  • mobarger
    mobarger
    10 Posts

‏2011-05-18T10:55:42Z  
    You can't manage a remote webserver without either a node agent or an IHS admin server, and you still haven't even hinted that one or the other is running. No reason to reinstall WAS.
    I apologize if I do not understand the question. I am running WAS 6.1.0.19. I use it to manage the appserver and the webserver. However in this case, the appserver cannot connect to the webserver to propagate the plugin nor to duplicate the SSL key.
    This is not a clustered environment.
    The webserver is installed locally alongside with the appserver. It is a single install of WAS, a single install of IHS.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3908 Posts

‏2011-05-18T15:08:51Z  
    • mobarger
    • ‏2011-05-18T10:55:42Z
    I apologize if I do not understand the question. I am running WAS 6.1.0.19. I use it to manage the appserver and the webserver. However in this case, the appserver cannot connect to the webserver to propagate the plugin nor to duplicate the SSL key.
    This is not a clustered environment.
    The webserver is installed locally alongside with the appserver. It is a single install of WAS, a single install of IHS.
    If it's a webserver associated with a base/standalone profile on the same system, it should figure out that your webservers hostname corresponds to an interface on the local system and simply use the filesystem to propogate.

I'm not sure if you can get the misleading message about node agent / IHS admin server if for some reason this filesystem propogation fails, or it it really means it thinks it's a remote webserver.

The trace for the webserver mgmt stuff is com.ibm.ws.management.webserver*=all but TBH I'm not even sure it's going in there.
  • hamzilla
    hamzilla
    1 Post

‏2012-05-14T18:41:35Z  
    To any people still having this issue. Make sure that your adminctl is running on the web server.
    /usr/IBM/HTTPServer/bin/./adminctl start