• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-05-18T07:11:21Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
45 Posts

Pinned topic Sip servlet as UAC

‏2011-05-13T21:01:56Z |
Hi,

I have one servlet deployed in my environment and when I send any new requests the DAR will route them right back to my servlet.

To get around this I have set the SipApplicationRoutingDirective to CONTINUE. Messages are properly routed but I get the following error in the logs:

WeightApplica E WeightApplicationSelector CWSCT0407E: No state for default application router.

So is the solution to provide different routing rules for the DAR? If so, how can it differentiate between a sip request generated from inside the servlet vs. outside the servlet?

Any help would be great, thanks.
Updated on 2011-05-18T07:11:21Z at 2011-05-18T07:11:21Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    45 Posts

Re: Sip servlet as UAC

‏2011-05-15T13:16:56Z  
    Hi,
    According to the API of setRoutingDirective:
    "If directive is NEW, origRequest parameter is ignored. If directive is CONTINUE or REVERSE, the parameter origRequest must be an initial request dispatched by the container to this application, i.e. origRequest.isInitial() must be true. This request must be a request created in a new SipSession or from an initial request, and must not have been sent. If any one of these preconditions are not met, the method throws an IllegalStateException."

You should set to Continue only if you have an incoming message to use as a parameter to the method(e.g. b2b case ). in your case it looks like you are acting as a pure UAC so you do not have any incoming message.

It looks like DAR is not the best choice for UAC applications that are also UAS applications.
    You can do one of the following:
    1. receive the request again and just proxy it (none record route proxy)
    2. use matching rules, so when the request is received again it will not match the application and the container will send it out.
    3. use CAR instead of DAR. it looks like this is the most appropriate solution according to JSR 289.
  • cheungda
    cheungda
    20 Posts

‏2011-05-16T18:52:29Z  
    Hi,
    According to the API of setRoutingDirective:
    "If directive is NEW, origRequest parameter is ignored. If directive is CONTINUE or REVERSE, the parameter origRequest must be an initial request dispatched by the container to this application, i.e. origRequest.isInitial() must be true. This request must be a request created in a new SipSession or from an initial request, and must not have been sent. If any one of these preconditions are not met, the method throws an IllegalStateException."

You should set to Continue only if you have an incoming message to use as a parameter to the method(e.g. b2b case ). in your case it looks like you are acting as a pure UAC so you do not have any incoming message.

It looks like DAR is not the best choice for UAC applications that are also UAS applications.
    You can do one of the following:
    1. receive the request again and just proxy it (none record route proxy)
    2. use matching rules, so when the request is received again it will not match the application and the container will send it out.
    3. use CAR instead of DAR. it looks like this is the most appropriate solution according to JSR 289.
    I have some trouble understanding the fundamentals of the application router. Why does the container send the outgoing request back to the same servlet?

Darryl
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    45 Posts

‏2011-05-17T08:25:48Z  
    • cheungda
    • ‏2011-05-16T18:52:29Z
    I have some trouble understanding the fundamentals of the application router. Why does the container send the outgoing request back to the same servlet?

Darryl
    Hi,
    I agree that this JSR 289 behavior is confusing (and one can say that it does not sound right for UAC case) but SIP container must follow the JSR.

According to JSR289 section 15.2.2:
    "...or if an application Z acts as a UAC and sends a INVITE request, the container invokes the Application Router. The Application Router starts the selection process from the beginning and selects A...."

"When an application acts as a UAC and sends a request, the request is not based on any previously received request. That is, the application intends the request to be regarded as a new request unrelated to any other request. Although the application intention is implicit in
    this case, it is clear that a new application selection process should take place."

So when acting as a UAC the application router must start a new application selection process.
    When using DAR you have little control on the process, this is why you should use CAR in this case, this will help you to avoid processing outgoing messages.
  • cheungda
    cheungda
    20 Posts

‏2011-05-17T20:13:00Z  
    Hi,
    I agree that this JSR 289 behavior is confusing (and one can say that it does not sound right for UAC case) but SIP container must follow the JSR.

According to JSR289 section 15.2.2:
    "...or if an application Z acts as a UAC and sends a INVITE request, the container invokes the Application Router. The Application Router starts the selection process from the beginning and selects A...."

"When an application acts as a UAC and sends a request, the request is not based on any previously received request. That is, the application intends the request to be regarded as a new request unrelated to any other request. Although the application intention is implicit in
    this case, it is clear that a new application selection process should take place."

So when acting as a UAC the application router must start a new application selection process.
    When using DAR you have little control on the process, this is why you should use CAR in this case, this will help you to avoid processing outgoing messages.
    In the case of one application, A == Z, is there a way the container can know that and send the request out instead?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    45 Posts

‏2011-05-18T07:11:21Z  
    • cheungda
    • ‏2011-05-17T20:13:00Z
    In the case of one application, A == Z, is there a way the container can know that and send the request out instead?
    This behavior is not clear from the JSR, the current Websphere SIP container behavior follows JSR289 application composition processing.

Adding a new none JSR289 behavior requires a new Websphere requirement and it will only be enabled if customers will enable this functionality since it can not be the default.