2 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-05-10T07:09:17Z by SM11_tabassum_m
SM11_tabassum_m
SM11_tabassum_m
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic SQL warehousing operator in design studio

‏2011-05-09T06:15:11Z |
Hi.
I have installed design studio and created a new data flow and want to add source tables to it ,For that i require to select SQL warehousing operator but i am not able to locate this option in the palette.

how to open it??
Updated on 2011-05-10T07:09:17Z at 2011-05-10T07:09:17Z by SM11_tabassum_m
  • JP_Parkin
    JP_Parkin
    128 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: SQL warehousing operator in design studio

‏2011-05-09T17:06:23Z  in response to SM11_tabassum_m
    Hi,
    I'm not sure if I understand the problem you are encountering, so I will give you a couple answers depending on a couple interpretations ( hopefully one of them is useful to you ).

If the problem is that your Table Source operator does not contain a list of tables to choose from, you need to ensure that you have a data model associated with the Warehouse project in order to see a table list when you click on the ellipsis button to choose the table.

If the problem is that you want to write a customized SQL select statement inside the data flow as the source of your flow ( instead of using the Table Source operator ), then choose the SQL Query Source operator - you need to have a connection to the database that you are querying to use this operator.

If the problem is that you cannot find the operators in the palette (unlikely but just in case), both the Table Source and SQL Query Source operators are under the "SQL Warehousing Operators" section under the "Sources and Targets" subsection.

If none of the above is useful, then perhaps a screen shot to illustrate the problem might help us to help you with your question.

If you are going through the tutorial ( http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r7/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.dwe.tut.sqw.doc/tutsqwtutorial.html ) and you are stuck on a step, please let us know where you are and that might also help to answer your question. If you've never used the Design Studio before, consider checking out the tutorial which gives you some step by step instructions for building data flows, data models and is a good introduction to the product.

Best regards,
    JP
    • SM11_tabassum_m
      SM11_tabassum_m
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: SQL warehousing operator in design studio

‏2011-05-10T07:09:17Z  in response to JP_Parkin
      Hi..
      I have refered the tutorial and my problem is solved.

Thanks for help.