Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-05-06T08:59:55Z by Hulse
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
141 Posts

Pinned topic Retrieving SCA bound endpoint

‏2011-05-06T00:16:39Z |
Given I have a mediation module with an SCA export and deployed the resulting EAR to WSRR, I expect to be able to use an Endpoint Lookup primitive to retrieve the endpoint and return a response from the module it's pointing to. But it does not work the way I expect; the endpoint returned is in a format similar to "sca//ComponentName". It's definitely a misunderstanding of WSRR functionality for SCA bindings, could anyone advise?
Updated on 2011-05-06T08:59:55Z at 2011-05-06T08:59:55Z by Hulse
  • Hulse
    Hulse
    2 Posts

Re: Retrieving SCA bound endpoint

‏2011-05-06T08:59:55Z  
    We have to be clear here about the term "SCA bindings" ... since the language isn't precise enough. A Mediation Module can expose SCA Exports with a number of different bindings, all of which are supported from Endpoint Lookup. So, if we consider something like an SCA JMS Export Binding ... it makes sense for a dynamic lookup. However, what does not make sense (at least to me) is a dynamic lookup for a native SCA binding, which is built in a pre-formed pattern "sca://ModuleName/Exportname" (or something like that). So what we're talking about here is an exposed endpoint that's part of the same host, so that's why a WSRR dynamic endpoint lookup doesn't make much sense to me ... since you could achieve conditional branching to a native SCA binding in the same host in other ways ... even keeping the meta-data for that condition in WSRR if you so wish ... but the address of the binding in WSRR, not sure. I know that WSRR supported this for completeness, but I haven't seen a scenario where it was useful (yet).

Brian Hulse
    WSRR Development (was WESB development)