3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-31T15:42:06Z by NhMV
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1632 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Unable to open Data Studio Health Monitor

‏2011-05-05T02:11:16Z |
hello,
I'm running Data Studio Release 2.2.1.0 and DSHM on my RHEL6 64 bit Open Client.
Data Studio is working fine but when I try to open DSHM I've got message that I don't have 'Adobe Flash Player' ( see attachment ).
I installed Flash Player and now I have flash-plugin-10.3.162.29-1.x86_64 but DSHM still complain that I don't have Flash.
Could someone help me?
thanks
Updated on 2013-01-31T15:42:06Z at 2013-01-31T15:42:06Z by NhMV
  • Sriram_Europa
    Sriram_Europa
    68 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to open Data Studio Health Monitor

‏2011-05-05T17:26:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi

A few things to check for:

1). Are you able to run the browser standalone (independently of eclipse) and access any flash content as well as the DSHM URL ? One thing to note is that your linux OS may have a factory-default browser which is what usually gets picked up by the eclipse products. So - make sure that the browser executable used is the right one (check PATH)

From a technical perspective see -
    http://www.eclipse.org/swt/faq.php#browserlinux
    may give you some background here.

(or you can search for eclipse linux embedded browser and see how other people have handled this, say for your specific version of Linux)

2). 32-bit vs 64-bit. Looks like your flash plugin is 64bit. Could it be that you are using a 32bit eclipse/JDK ?

3). It may be that the userID used is different for the browser vs. the userID used for ODA/Eclipse. i.e. the flash plugin may have been installed for a very specific user instead of for all. Also check if you have specific LD_LIBRARY_PATH entries that could be excluding the browser libraries etc.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1632 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-05-05T17:36:49Z  in response to Sriram_Europa
      sriram@us.ibm.com - thanks a lot for reply and suggestion.
      I am all set. I figured out that I could run DSHM in external browser which has right plug-in.
      For me it doesn't matter if it'll be displayed inside eclipse or web browser as long as it works.
      Thanks again.
      • NhMV
        NhMV
        27 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-31T15:42:06Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi,
        I have the same problem with my DS Web Console 3.2 (on Windows XP).
        I'm using Mozilla Firefox 18.0.1 as the web browser. I cannot bring up the health monitor - kept getting this message "This content required the Adobe Flash Player to be installed and enabled". I do have Adobe Flash Player on my PC.

Could you please assist.

Thanks