Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-05-03T15:17:40Z by dysonbags
dysonbags
dysonbags
24 Posts

Pinned topic Error loading bboopcrt

‏2011-04-26T09:15:17Z |
Get an error when I try to bring up the Daemon started task.

Trace: 2011/04/21 15:17:51.249 02 t=BE5A78 c=UNK key=S2 tag= (8401C3E5)
Description: Throw CORBA system except, w/MSG
exception id: CORBA::INTERNAL
minor code: c9c211eb
from filename: ./bbgoorbi.cpp
at line: 997
extended message: BBOO0335E BPX1LOD LOAD OF bboopcrt FAILED RC=81, REASON=53B006C.

I've found bboopcrt in /websphere/v8r0/z9cell/z9dmnode/DeploymentManager/lib but this is a symbolic link to an invalid library. Presumably this is left over from the previous version of WAS 8 that I had in this configuration.

I could change the link to point to the correct library, but I'd like to know why the link is wrong or if I did something wrong during the upgrade.

Cheers
Graham
Updated on 2011-05-03T15:17:40Z at 2011-05-03T15:17:40Z by dysonbags
  • dysonbags
    dysonbags
    24 Posts

Re: Error loading bboopcrt

‏2011-05-03T10:40:39Z  
    Still can't get past this error.

Cheers
    Graham
  • jmierze
    jmierze
    43 Posts

‏2011-05-03T11:55:34Z  
    • dysonbags
    • ‏2011-05-03T10:40:39Z
    Still can't get past this error.

Cheers
    Graham
    The beta releases of WebSphere Application Server Version 8 don't have full post-installer support; that is, you can't change the WAS product level underneath a configuration and expect the server to run correctly.

Do you have the same problem if you configure a server at the current level of the code?

Jeff Mierzejewski
  • dysonbags
    dysonbags
    24 Posts

‏2011-05-03T12:56:53Z  
    • jmierze
    • ‏2011-05-03T11:55:34Z
    The beta releases of WebSphere Application Server Version 8 don't have full post-installer support; that is, you can't change the WAS product level underneath a configuration and expect the server to run correctly.

Do you have the same problem if you configure a server at the current level of the code?

Jeff Mierzejewski
    Hi Jeff,

sorry, but I'm not familiar with some of the terms you use.

I had an environment set up with the original release of WAS 8 beta. A DMGR, AGENT, and two application servers. All worked fine. I've now taken the latest release of the beta, run the IM jobs - all with RC=0. Now when I try to start the DMGR (and hence the DEMN), the DEMN falls over with this error.

Are you saying that I need to start again from scratch? Delete everything in the ND and start again with zPMT?

Cheers
    Graham
  • dysonbags
    dysonbags
    24 Posts

‏2011-05-03T12:57:27Z  
    • jmierze
    • ‏2011-05-03T11:55:34Z

Jeff Mierzejewski
    Hi Jeff,

I had an environment set up with the original release of WAS 8 beta. A DMGR, AGENT, and two application servers. All worked fine. I've now taken the latest release of the beta, run the IM jobs - all with RC=0. Now when I try to start the DMGR (and hence the DEMN), the DEMN falls over with this error.

Are you saying that I need to start again from scratch? Delete everything in the ND and start again with zPMT?

Cheers
    Graham
  • jmierze
    jmierze
    43 Posts

‏2011-05-03T13:30:07Z  
    • dysonbags
    • ‏2011-05-03T12:57:27Z
    Hi Jeff,

Cheers
    Graham
    Yes, you have to start from scratch.

Between one beta refresh and the next, enough changes are made that you cannot re-use a configuration from a previos beta release with code from a new beta release.

With the general-release version of the product, the post-installer will make any necessary adjustments when upgrading, say, to a new fix pack level. This capability is not pessent in the beta code.

Jeff Mierzejewski
    WebSphere Application Server for z/OS Installation and Configuration
    jmierze@us.ibm.com
  • dysonbags
    dysonbags
    24 Posts

‏2011-05-03T15:17:40Z  
    • jmierze
    • ‏2011-05-03T13:30:07Z
    Yes, you have to start from scratch.

Between one beta refresh and the next, enough changes are made that you cannot re-use a configuration from a previos beta release with code from a new beta release.

With the general-release version of the product, the post-installer will make any necessary adjustments when upgrading, say, to a new fix pack level. This capability is not pessent in the beta code.

Jeff Mierzejewski
    WebSphere Application Server for z/OS Installation and Configuration
    jmierze@us.ibm.com
    Hi Jeff,

Yes, that works. I've redone the migration and the DMGR and the DEMN now start.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
    Graham