• 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-04-27T13:03:42Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
462 Posts

Pinned topic Internal Repository

‏2011-04-25T23:24:05Z |
Hello,
I had a problem using the eclipse runtime plugin (org.eclipse.core.runtime) in the internal repository, I have 2 bundles A and B, B contains servlet which depend on A, A it self depend on eclipse runtime, the problem rise when using the runtime bundle and its dependencies (core.preferences, core.registry...) from the internal repository, and websphere reclaim missing dependencies (runtime bundle), in the other hand packaging all the dependencies together in an eba archive work fine , im I in the right way, is there any work around for that ??
Thank you for your response.
Updated on 2011-04-27T13:03:42Z at 2011-04-27T13:03:42Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

Re: Internal Repository

‏2011-04-26T15:16:50Z  
    Hello,

I attached the log and a sample application requesting the platform informations from the eclipse runtime plugin (install location, instance location...) the application is self does not contain the eclipse runtime plugin but referred in the Use-Bundle section, which is in the internal repository with all its dependencies.

Regards,
    Talel
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

‏2011-04-26T15:17:37Z  
    Hello,

I attached the log and a sample application requesting the platform informations from the eclipse runtime plugin (install location, instance location...) the application is self does not contain the eclipse runtime plugin but referred in the Use-Bundle section, which is in the internal repository with all its dependencies.

Regards,
    Talel
    (Sample App)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

‏2011-04-26T19:55:32Z  
    (Sample App)
    When I try to add TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629.eba as an asset I see the following error message

4/26/11 14:49:00:437 EDT 00000025 EBAConverter E CWSAL0015E: Cannot resolve EBA file. Exception: org.apache.aries.application.management.ResolverException:
    The system cannot provision the EBA TestPlatform because the following problems in the dependency chain were detected:
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.equinox.registry with the version greater than or equal to 3.4.100 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.equinox.preferences with the version greater than or equal to 3.2.300 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.core.contenttype with the version greater than or equal to 3.4.0 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The package dependency javax.servlet.annotation with the version greater than or equal to 3.0.0 required by bundle OSGITestServlet_1.0.0 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.equinox.common with the version greater than or equal to 3.5.0 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.auth with the version greater than or equal to 3.2.100 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.core.runtime with the version greater than or equal to 3.5.0 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.core.runtime with the version greater than or equal to 3.5.0 required by bundle PlatformTest_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.core.jobs with the version greater than or equal to 3.4.100 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.equinox.app with the version greater than or equal to 1.2.0 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved..

The package dependency javax.servlet.annotation with the version greater than or equal to 3.0.0 required by bundle OSGITestServlet_1.0.0 cannot be resolved.

Can you please reexamine your bundle manifests. We will also investigate on our side.

As an interesting side note Rational Application Developer adds support for developing OSGi application tools with the introduction of new projects types for OSGi bundle projects and OSGi application projects, with automated generation of manifests and forms-based editors to modify them. OSGi modularity semantics are honored in the project build paths so that only the packages explicitly imported and exported in a project's bundle manifest are shared between projects.
    Free RAD trial --> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/rad/

--Thanks,
    Rohit
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

‏2011-04-26T20:27:31Z  
    When I try to add TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629.eba as an asset I see the following error message

4/26/11 14:49:00:437 EDT 00000025 EBAConverter E CWSAL0015E: Cannot resolve EBA file. Exception: org.apache.aries.application.management.ResolverException:
    The system cannot provision the EBA TestPlatform because the following problems in the dependency chain were detected:
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.equinox.registry with the version greater than or equal to 3.4.100 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.equinox.preferences with the version greater than or equal to 3.2.300 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.core.contenttype with the version greater than or equal to 3.4.0 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.equinox.common with the version greater than or equal to 3.5.0 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.auth with the version greater than or equal to 3.2.100 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.core.runtime with the version greater than or equal to 3.5.0 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.core.runtime with the version greater than or equal to 3.5.0 required by bundle PlatformTest_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.core.jobs with the version greater than or equal to 3.4.100 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved.
    The bundle dependency org.eclipse.equinox.app with the version greater than or equal to 1.2.0 required by bundle TestPlatform_1.0.0.201104261629 cannot be resolved..

Can you please reexamine your bundle manifests. We will also investigate on our side.

As an interesting side note Rational Application Developer adds support for developing OSGi application tools with the introduction of new projects types for OSGi bundle projects and OSGi application projects, with automated generation of manifests and forms-based editors to modify them. OSGi modularity semantics are honored in the project build paths so that only the packages explicitly imported and exported in a project's bundle manifest are shared between projects.
    Free RAD trial --> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/rad/

--Thanks,
    Rohit
    Hello Rohit,

All dependencies are satisfied locally, I already add the required bundles in the internal repository, and the eba file deploy successfully, the problem rise after creating a business application and adding this asset to it, it wont start :"unsatisfied dependency org.eclipse.core.runtime"...
    The eba contains 2 bundles, the first one is an utility bundle to get platform informations (install location, instance location...) from "org.eclipse.core.runtime" (Platform class), the second one is a web app (servlet) to expose these informations.
    The eba references the required bundles in the "Use-Bundle" section, and in deploy time those are satisfied, only in start time the problem occur.

Thanks

Regards,
    Talel
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

‏2011-04-27T10:16:21Z  
    Hello Rohit,

All dependencies are satisfied locally, I already add the required bundles in the internal repository, and the eba file deploy successfully, the problem rise after creating a business application and adding this asset to it, it wont start :"unsatisfied dependency org.eclipse.core.runtime"...
    The eba contains 2 bundles, the first one is an utility bundle to get platform informations (install location, instance location...) from "org.eclipse.core.runtime" (Platform class), the second one is a web app (servlet) to expose these informations.
    The eba references the required bundles in the "Use-Bundle" section, and in deploy time those are satisfied, only in start time the problem occur.

Thanks

Regards,
    Talel
    Hi Talel,

Could you export the deployment manifest from the asset you imported your TestPlatform .eba into please. You can find it using: Applications > ApplicationTypes > Assets > asset name Then use the 'Export deployment manifest from this application' link under 'Additional Properties'.

Something I've noticed is you're using the Use-Bundle header in the APPLICATION.MF. This is really only needed in a minority of cases. There's some info about this in the OSGi Best Practices developerWorks article. At deployment time a 'resolution' process occurs to figure out which bundles should be pulled in from the internal and external bundle repositories to satisfy the dependencies described in the Import-Package (and Require-Bundle) headers from the bundles in the application. You don't need to restate those dependencies in the Use-Bundle header.

That said, what you're seeing is a successful deployment with a resolution failure at runtime. So I'm curious as to what's causing that, hence my request for the deployment manifest.

Thanks,
    Jeremy
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

‏2011-04-27T13:02:03Z  
    Hi Talel,

Could you export the deployment manifest from the asset you imported your TestPlatform .eba into please. You can find it using: Applications > ApplicationTypes > Assets > asset name Then use the 'Export deployment manifest from this application' link under 'Additional Properties'.

Something I've noticed is you're using the Use-Bundle header in the APPLICATION.MF. This is really only needed in a minority of cases. There's some info about this in the OSGi Best Practices developerWorks article. At deployment time a 'resolution' process occurs to figure out which bundles should be pulled in from the internal and external bundle repositories to satisfy the dependencies described in the Import-Package (and Require-Bundle) headers from the bundles in the application. You don't need to restate those dependencies in the Use-Bundle header.

That said, what you're seeing is a successful deployment with a resolution failure at runtime. So I'm curious as to what's causing that, hence my request for the deployment manifest.

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    Hello Jeremy,

Please find attached the "DEPLOYMENT.MF", it seems that there is some bundle in the "Provision-Bundle" section, is it ??
    I appriciate your help. Thanks

Regards,
    Talel
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

‏2011-04-27T13:03:42Z  
    Hello Jeremy,

Please find attached the "DEPLOYMENT.MF", it seems that there is some bundle in the "Provision-Bundle" section, is it ??

Regards,
    Talel
    Sorry :/

Hello Jeremy,

Please find attached the "DEPLOYMENT.MF", it seems that there is some ---MISSING--- bundle in the "Provision-Bundle" section, is it ??

Regards,
    Talel