• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-04-20T14:50:31Z by Nafeespari
Nafeespari
Nafeespari
18 Posts

Pinned topic Tables Source does not list all tables in MiningFlow

‏2011-04-20T13:08:02Z |
Hi,

Please have a look at the screen shot. On the connection tab,all tables from Administrator schema are listed, but when I try to drag to the MiningFlow or use the node Table Source, it does not work nor does list two tables. But I can see the other three tables in the same schema.

Secondly, I am using the predictor---Tree approach. Which splitting criteria does this algorithm uses gini index or entropy or something else?

Thanks.

Nafees
Updated on 2011-04-20T14:50:31Z at 2011-04-20T14:50:31Z by Nafeespari
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    203 Posts

Re: Tables Source does not list all tables in MiningFlow

‏2011-04-20T14:45:04Z  
    Hi,

The mining flow reads database metadata from a database model file (.dbm), it does not read it directly from the database. If the model file is not up-to-date, you will see differences between the tree in the Data Source Explorer and the tree in the Table selection dialog. To update the database model, select Mining Flow -> Refresh Database in the main menu. This is needed when you create/delete tables, views etc.

The Tree algorithm uses the gini index.

Regards
    Andreas
  • Nafeespari
    Nafeespari
    18 Posts

Re: Tables Source does not list all tables in MiningFlow

‏2011-04-20T14:50:31Z  
    Hi,

The mining flow reads database metadata from a database model file (.dbm), it does not read it directly from the database. If the model file is not up-to-date, you will see differences between the tree in the Data Source Explorer and the tree in the Table selection dialog. To update the database model, select Mining Flow -> Refresh Database in the main menu. This is needed when you create/delete tables, views etc.

The Tree algorithm uses the gini index.

Regards
    Andreas
    Thanks a lot Andreas, it worked.

Best,

Nafees