Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-05-02T11:04:23Z by Netcooler
Netcooler
Netcooler
3 Posts

Pinned topic TBSM 4.1.1 - Tag events in my Object Server

‏2011-04-20T11:17:49Z |
I was wondering if anyone could tell me where within TBSM the "Tag" Events from TBSM that are in my object server come from.

I see thes "tag" events with a Summary of:

"Overall Attribute of the <ServiceName> tag of foo is <Marginal/Bad/Good>"

These are in ADDITION to thew standard Grade 100 Overall Attribute events. that just say "Overall Attribute of <ServiceName> is <Marginal/Bad/Good>"

Are these TAG events considered normal and is there a way that I can ONLY send the 1 typical event and NOT the tag event. just curious....
Updated on 2011-05-02T11:04:23Z at 2011-05-02T11:04:23Z by Netcooler
  • IsaacGraf
    IsaacGraf
    34 Posts

Re: TBSM 4.1.1 - Tag events in my Object Server

‏2011-04-26T11:38:01Z  
    Hello,

These messages are normal. (They can be useful in the case where the services have more than one template assigned- they indicate which template(s) are causing the service to change color).

You can prevent them from getting written by editing the policy in TBSMProfile/installedApps/TBSMCell/tbsm.ear/sla.war/policy/RAD_ServiceEventUpdater.ipl.

You could do something like adding the line:

TagEvent = rextract(ObjectToCopy.Summary, '.*(tag of).*');

Then put the AddDataItem command inside the clause:

if (TagEvent 'tag of') {
    AddDataItem(Type, ObjectToCopy);
    }

You will need to restart the data server for changes to the policy to take effect.
  • Netcooler
    Netcooler
    3 Posts

Re: TBSM 4.1.1 - Tag events in my Object Server

‏2011-05-02T11:04:23Z  
    • IsaacGraf
    • ‏2011-04-26T11:38:01Z
    Hello,

These messages are normal. (They can be useful in the case where the services have more than one template assigned- they indicate which template(s) are causing the service to change color).

You can prevent them from getting written by editing the policy in TBSMProfile/installedApps/TBSMCell/tbsm.ear/sla.war/policy/RAD_ServiceEventUpdater.ipl.

You could do something like adding the line:

TagEvent = rextract(ObjectToCopy.Summary, '.*(tag of).*');

Then put the AddDataItem command inside the clause:

if (TagEvent 'tag of') {
    AddDataItem(Type, ObjectToCopy);
    }

You will need to restart the data server for changes to the policy to take effect.
    Great - thanks for the information. My main thing was to understand if it was normal and I see the benefit to your explanation as well.