Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-04-26T13:09:15Z by SystemAdmin
R@vi
R@vi
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic unable to get email notification after changing the ITIM users password

‏2011-04-19T09:39:12Z |
Hi

I am new in ITIM, i have configured active directory adapter and got all the existing users of Active directory users in ITIM console using AD oraganization feed service, now when i am changing the password of one of the users and setting the option "reset the login and email the password", the mail is not sent to the users password, also when the user forgot the password and if the user clicks on the forgot password option in "self console"

after giving the right answer of the set question, the screen shows that the password will be sent to the primary email address but it's not sent.
Updated on 2011-04-26T13:09:15Z at 2011-04-26T13:09:15Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2364 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: unable to get email notification after changing the ITIM users password

‏2011-04-19T14:41:45Z  in response to R@vi
    What mechanism are you using to send the email? Is IBM Tivoli Identity Manager successfully sending any emails? What version of ITIM are you using?

My suspicion is that you do not have it configured to talk correctly to a running email server. If that's the case you would either point it to your in-house email server, or install your own, such as sendmail or postfix.

Cheers!
    Chris
    • R@vi
      R@vi
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-04-20T05:31:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Chris,

Thanks alot for the valuable reply, we are using ITIM 5.1 version.
      After digging up the logs and traces we found that message delivery is failed due to ITIM could not connect to the mail server on port 25, but the problem is we can telnet the same mail server on this port from the ITIM server. then why this error is occuring. below is the error.

<Trace Level="MIN">
      <Time Millis="1303219598800"> 2011.04.19 18:56:38.800+05:30</Time>
      <Server Format="IP">timserver1.impact.com</Server>
      <ProductId>CTGIM</ProductId>
      <Component>com.ibm.itim.mail</Component>
      <ProductInstance>server1</ProductInstance>
      <LogText><![CDATAMessage delivery failed]></LogText>
      <Source FileName="com.ibm.itim.mail.MailManager" Method=""/>
      <Thread>SIBJMSRAThreadPool : 0</Thread>
      <Exception><![CDATA[javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 192.168.1.101, port: 25;
      nested exception is:
      java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
      at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1282)
      at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:370)
      at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:275)
      at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:156)
      at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:105)
      at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:168)
      at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:120)
      at com.ibm.itim.mail.MailManager.sendMessage(MailManager.java:301)
      at com.ibm.itim.mail.MailManager.notify(MailManager.java:156)
      at com.ibm.itim.mail.messaging.MailMessageRouter.onMessage(MailMessageRouter.java:39)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2364 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-04-20T15:04:54Z  in response to R@vi
    I think the next thing that I would look at is the current timeout settings. Here is a support note that discusses the ITIM email timeout settings. They are talking about the opposite problem-- the timout set to infinity and hanging on email. See if there is a timeout setting established and perhaps you need to increase it.
    • R@vi
      R@vi
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-04-26T07:27:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      HI Cmwaldenatx,

Well that solution couldnt work, but i am not facing this error in other environment where i have installed everything in a fresh mode.

But sir jee,

There is some another problem which i want to consult with you:

i just want to configure the ITIM 5.1 in such a way that it automatically assign the email-add on the basis of user's name like:
      firstname_lastname@example.com
      when a new user is either imported or created.
      where i should do this configuration.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        2364 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-04-26T13:09:15Z  in response to R@vi
        Your question is starting to move more into details of IBM Tivoli Information Management maintenance rather than Linux environment issues. I think that you'll get a better answer to your question by posting it in the Tivoli Security Management forum.

Cheers!
        Chris