Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-02T14:07:08Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
197 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Create plug-ins for custom text miner views- it not show in Text Miner view

‏2011-04-14T14:46:23Z |
Hello,

I am new in ICA development and I have a basic problem to use the myFirstPlugin sample. It not appears in Text Miner as a view. I am usinf ICA 2.2.

I already create the plugin folder (C:\Program Files\IBM\es\esadmin\master_config\searchapp\analytics\plugin), copy all files from analyticsViewPlugin folder and modified the plugins.xml to remove the commnets. (As described on Redbook, sg247877.pdf, pg. 565)

I tried to "stop server" and "start server" but the view not appears

Using the command "esadmin session searchapp.node1 restart", it happens the exception showed in out.txt attached.

Could somebody help me to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance.
Carlo

Attachments

Updated on 2012-10-02T14:07:08Z at 2012-10-02T14:07:08Z by SystemAdmin
  • bfoyle
    bfoyle
    60 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Create plug-ins for custom text miner views- it not show in Text Miner view

‏2011-04-15T20:59:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    What I did was just start and stop the whole ICA server from the start menu shortcut and that seemed to work for me. I didn't know how to use the command line approach but I think the "node1" element is a variable you need to enter for your configuration and since I didn't know how to find that a full start and stop worked for me.

Also, it was unclear to me where I was copying from and to in the instructions so just be clear on what worked...

I copied the folder (ES_INSTALL_ROOT/samples/analyticsViewPlugin) and pasted it into the ES_NODE_ROOT/master_config/searchapp/analytics directory and then I renamed that resulting analyticsViewPlugin directory to "plugin"

Then I edited the plugins.xml in the directory that I had just renamed to uncomment the sample "myFirstPlugin" and then I stopped and started ICA. Yes, it probably takes a bit longer but
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Create plug-ins for custom text miner views- it not show in Text Miner view

‏2012-10-02T14:07:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The problem was the wrong XML syntax in plugins.xml