Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-04-29T19:15:53Z by dugga
dugga
dugga
7 Posts

Pinned topic IBM i profile not created due to profileregistry.xml_LOCK

‏2011-04-13T14:36:41Z |
On my IBM i, v7.1, trying to create a WAS v8.0 profile with manageprofiles -create

Message received:
INSTCONFFAILED: The profile could not be created

It suggests to look at the log. The log shows:
Another wasprofile process is running or a lock file exists.
If no process is running, delete the following file:
/profileRegistry/profileregistry.xml_LOCK
While I have tried numerous times to create a profile, without any success yet, I do not find the
profileregistry.xml_LOCK file
And no other users would be attempting to create a profile.

Does anyone have suggestions on getting the creation to move forward?
thank you

-doug
Updated on 2011-04-29T19:15:53Z at 2011-04-29T19:15:53Z by dugga
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

Re: IBM i profile not created due to profileregistry.xml_LOCK

‏2011-04-18T18:33:03Z  
    Doug,

If you'd send me your log files, I'd be happy to assist you. Please zip up (or jar up) all files in <user_data_root>/profileRegistry directory (where <user_data_root> is the default user data directory of your WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Beta installation) and send them to me at ldhallatusdotibmdotcom. For example, if the user_data_root is /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V8/Express, then the path name of the profileRegistry directory would be /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V8/Express/profileRegistry.
  • dugga
    dugga
    7 Posts

Re: IBM i profile not created due to profileregistry.xml_LOCK

‏2011-04-29T19:15:53Z  
    Doug,

If you'd send me your log files, I'd be happy to assist you. Please zip up (or jar up) all files in <user_data_root>/profileRegistry directory (where <user_data_root> is the default user data directory of your WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Beta installation) and send them to me at ldhallatusdotibmdotcom. For example, if the user_data_root is /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V8/Express, then the path name of the profileRegistry directory would be /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V8/Express/profileRegistry.
    I worked offline with Larry for a bit. After examining my logs, he was able to determine that my problems stem from installing WAS 8.0 beta prior to the loading of the required Java PTFs. From the install guide:

The following PTFs are required for 5761-JV1 (option 11):
    SI42021
    SI42022
    SI42026

While I had downloaded these PTFs prior to install, they did not get applied prior to the install.
    They got applied between the install and the profile creation attempt.

I subsequently uninstalled WAS 8.0 beta, and reinstalled.
    I was then able to create the profile.

Many thanks to Larry.
    -doug