Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-04-14T11:38:22Z by oldpit
oldpit
oldpit
27 Posts

Pinned topic calling CICS-Explorer with -data "Y:\Konfig\IBM\CICS_Explorer" has no effec

‏2011-04-12T08:34:24Z |
Hello,
our staff are working with V1.0.0.5. CICS-Explorer writes Data in User-profile-Directory ( .eclipse/com.ibm.cics.explorer.product_1.0.5.201002151453_1903379951) instead of directory Y:\Konfig\IBM\CICS_Explorer as expected. Parameter -data is set to directory Y:\Konfig\IBM\CICS_Explorer.
This is a problem in our environment, because this is too much data in User-profile directory.
Do you have any idea why -data does not work?
best regards
Peter
Updated on 2011-04-14T11:38:22Z at 2011-04-14T11:38:22Z by oldpit
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

Re: calling CICS-Explorer with -data "Y:\Konfig\IBM\CICS_Explorer" has no effec

‏2011-04-13T09:15:46Z  
    Hi Peter,

Thanks for your post.

I'm not able to go as far back as v1.0.0.5, but I tested with a build from December which is based on Eclipse 3.4.2, the same as v1.0.0.5.

I run cicsexplorer like this:

cd desktop/CICS_Explorer
    cicsexplorer -data c:\temp\workspacetemp

You can verify that the property has been set property by doing Help, About and clicking Configuration Details. Within the eclipse.commands section, you should see your -data and argument on a new line each.

Another thing you could try is to add the setting into your cicsexplorer.ini, to do this you add them on two separate lines. My cicsexplorer.ini already has a line at the start called -startupplugins so I added them after this. I didn't have a trailing new line:
    #####
    -data
    Y:\Konfig\IBM\CICS_Explorer
    #####

If you are still stuck, please could you could attach your service data from the Explorer menu, Trace, Collect Service Data?

Cheers,

Dave
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

‏2011-04-13T09:17:04Z  
    One more thought... y: is a mapped drive, right? You could narrow the problem down by using exactly the same command but with c: instead of y: to see if it's to do with the drive mapping. I'll see if I can try that here, too.

Dave
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

‏2011-04-13T09:22:07Z  
    One more thought... y: is a mapped drive, right? You could narrow the problem down by using exactly the same command but with c: instead of y: to see if it's to do with the drive mapping. I'll see if I can try that here, too.

Dave
    OK - have tested using a samba share mapped to a local drive with no problems here.
  • oldpit
    oldpit
    27 Posts

‏2011-04-14T06:43:28Z  
    Hi Peter,

Thanks for your post.

I'm not able to go as far back as v1.0.0.5, but I tested with a build from December which is based on Eclipse 3.4.2, the same as v1.0.0.5.

I run cicsexplorer like this:

cd desktop/CICS_Explorer
    cicsexplorer -data c:\temp\workspacetemp

You can verify that the property has been set property by doing Help, About and clicking Configuration Details. Within the eclipse.commands section, you should see your -data and argument on a new line each.

Another thing you could try is to add the setting into your cicsexplorer.ini, to do this you add them on two separate lines. My cicsexplorer.ini already has a line at the start called -startupplugins so I added them after this. I didn't have a trailing new line:
    #####
    -data
    Y:\Konfig\IBM\CICS_Explorer
    #####

If you are still stuck, please could you could attach your service data from the Explorer menu, Trace, Collect Service Data?

Cheers,

Dave
    Hi Dave,
    we are opening CICS Explorer with the following parms:
    P:\Ibm\CICSExplorer\cicsexplorer.exe -data "Y:\Konfig\IBM\CICS_Explorer" -vmargs -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -Duser.language=en
    I append a word-document showing all necessary information.
    Thanks + cheers
    Peter
  • oldpit
    oldpit
    27 Posts

‏2011-04-14T10:53:13Z  
    • oldpit
    • ‏2011-04-14T06:43:28Z
    Hi Dave,
    we are opening CICS Explorer with the following parms:
    P:\Ibm\CICSExplorer\cicsexplorer.exe -data "Y:\Konfig\IBM\CICS_Explorer" -vmargs -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -Duser.language=en
    I append a word-document showing all necessary information.
    Thanks + cheers
    Peter
    Hi Dave,
    i try same with V1.0.1.0 and it works fine. No data was stored in user-profile. so, the plan is to migrate to this version next month.
    best regards
    Peter
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

‏2011-04-14T10:57:33Z  
    • oldpit
    • ‏2011-04-14T10:53:13Z
    Hi Dave,
    i try same with V1.0.1.0 and it works fine. No data was stored in user-profile. so, the plan is to migrate to this version next month.
    best regards
    Peter
    Hi Peter,

I did try recreating with 1.0.0.5 but no luck. I was just trying to investigate whether I got a similar .eclipse folder in addition when you replied.

Can I leave it that you will move up to the newer version, then? My other suggestions were to try putting the parameters in cicsexplorer.ini, or to try recreating with the latest version!

Thanks,

Dave
  • oldpit
    oldpit
    27 Posts

‏2011-04-14T11:38:22Z  
    Hi Peter,

I did try recreating with 1.0.0.5 but no luck. I was just trying to investigate whether I got a similar .eclipse folder in addition when you replied.

Can I leave it that you will move up to the newer version, then? My other suggestions were to try putting the parameters in cicsexplorer.ini, or to try recreating with the latest version!

Thanks,

Dave
    Hi Dave,
    we will move up to V1.0.1.0. Thanks for investigation.
    best regards
    Peter