• Latest Post - ‏2013-06-06T06:21:53Z by BirgitSchoenfeld
tibif
tibif
2 Posts

Pinned topic .dsf file syntax

‏2011-04-05T19:45:42Z |
Hello,

I am interested in .dsf file syntax.
I would like to know how the file is built up.
Is there anywhere the document about it?

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-03-27T16:55:27Z at 2012-03-27T16:55:27Z by BirgitSchoenfeld
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    346 Posts

Re: .dsf file syntax

‏2011-04-06T01:49:49Z  
    Have never heard of ".dsf" files in relation to DOORS - did a search of the DOORS 9.2 client install and Database server just in case a new file type has been slipped in, but found nothing.

Can you explain where you have seen ".dsf" files.

Or maybe you mean ".dxl" which is the DOORS Extension Language script files?

Paul Miller
    Melbourne, Australia
  • tibif
    tibif
    2 Posts

‏2011-04-06T07:27:12Z  
    Have never heard of ".dsf" files in relation to DOORS - did a search of the DOORS 9.2 client install and Database server just in case a new file type has been slipped in, but found nothing.

Can you explain where you have seen ".dsf" files.

Or maybe you mean ".dxl" which is the DOORS Extension Language script files?

Paul Miller
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi Paul,

If you want to export/import module from/to DOORS you can use eXhange tool.
    eXcange tool create one .zip file from one DOORS module.
    That .zip file contains one .dsf file.

Tibor Farkas
    Hungary
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    346 Posts

‏2011-10-17T03:20:29Z  
    • tibif
    • ‏2011-04-06T07:27:12Z
    Hi Paul,

If you want to export/import module from/to DOORS you can use eXhange tool.
    eXcange tool create one .zip file from one DOORS module.
    That .zip file contains one .dsf file.

Tibor Farkas
    Hungary
    Hi

Can you tell me where to get this exchange tool? I have just had a zip file sent to me with a .dsf in in and want to know how I can import it into my DOORS Db

Thanks
  • BirgitSchoenfeld
    BirgitSchoenfeld
    3 Posts

‏2012-03-27T16:55:27Z  
    Hi

Can you tell me where to get this exchange tool? I have just had a zip file sent to me with a .dsf in in and want to know how I can import it into my DOORS Db

Thanks
    The eXchange solution is still and worldwide available (local purchase) - not only in Germany.

Here are some information about:

The professional services team of IBM Rational in Germany is able to provide a solution which allows data exchange between different versions (e.g. 8.x to 9.x and vice versa). The solution called "IBM Rational DOORS Data Exchange Add-On" (also known as eXchange) was developped for the German automotive industry where the need for data exchange - especially between OEM and suppliers - is tremendous. The "Data Exchange Add-On" does not only transfer data between different DOORS databases (probably having different versions), it also supports a certain data exchange process making sure that data can only be modified in one of the involved databases.

The main features of the "IBM Rational DOORS Data Exchange Add-On" are:

+ Transfer DOORS modules from OEM to (multiple) supplier(s)
    + View-based
    + Allows transfer of write access on dedicated „supplier attributes“
    + Data transfer between different DOORS versions

+ Return feedback from supplier(s) to OEM
    + Feedback either in „supplier attributes“ or in separate DOORS modules

+ Update DOORS modules in both directions
    + Modifications are highlighted when updating

+ Export existing baseline and recreate it in other database
    + Different versions for different suppliers

The eXchange asset produces a .zip-file, in this .zip-file there is a .dsf-file.
    So having a .dsf-file indicates the usage of the IBM Rational DOORS Data Exchange Add On.

For more information incl. connecting to a local IBM contact please send a message to me:

Birgit Schoenfeld
    E-Mail: birgit.schoenfeld@de.ibm.com
    Phone: +49-521-781-2560
    Mobile: +49-170-1895396
  • MyDeveloerWorks
    MyDeveloerWorks
    6 Posts

‏2013-05-02T12:31:22Z  
    The eXchange solution is still and worldwide available (local purchase) - not only in Germany.

Here are some information about:

The professional services team of IBM Rational in Germany is able to provide a solution which allows data exchange between different versions (e.g. 8.x to 9.x and vice versa). The solution called "IBM Rational DOORS Data Exchange Add-On" (also known as eXchange) was developped for the German automotive industry where the need for data exchange - especially between OEM and suppliers - is tremendous. The "Data Exchange Add-On" does not only transfer data between different DOORS databases (probably having different versions), it also supports a certain data exchange process making sure that data can only be modified in one of the involved databases.

The main features of the "IBM Rational DOORS Data Exchange Add-On" are:

+ Transfer DOORS modules from OEM to (multiple) supplier(s)
    + View-based
    + Allows transfer of write access on dedicated „supplier attributes“
    + Data transfer between different DOORS versions

+ Return feedback from supplier(s) to OEM
    + Feedback either in „supplier attributes“ or in separate DOORS modules

+ Update DOORS modules in both directions
    + Modifications are highlighted when updating

+ Export existing baseline and recreate it in other database
    + Different versions for different suppliers

The eXchange asset produces a .zip-file, in this .zip-file there is a .dsf-file.
    So having a .dsf-file indicates the usage of the IBM Rational DOORS Data Exchange Add On.

For more information incl. connecting to a local IBM contact please send a message to me:

Birgit Schoenfeld
    E-Mail: birgit.schoenfeld@de.ibm.com
    Phone: +49-521-781-2560
    Mobile: +49-170-1895396

Is it posible to download an evaluation verion of DOORS exchange?

rgds

Colm

• BirgitSchoenfeld
    BirgitSchoenfeld
    3 Posts

‏2013-05-03T06:46:39Z  

Is it posible to download an evaluation verion of DOORS exchange?

rgds

Colm

Hi Colm,

sure - you can evaluate our asset/service solution IBM Rational DOORS Data Exchange Add On for 4 weeks without any costs.

Please send me a mail on birgit.schoenfeld@de.ibm.com incl. your full contact data, so that we can work on your request.

It is not a download as it is a service solution, we will provide the data via mail.

BR, Birgit

• MyDeveloerWorks
    MyDeveloerWorks
    6 Posts

‏2013-05-20T08:01:58Z  

Hi Colm,

sure - you can evaluate our asset/service solution IBM Rational DOORS Data Exchange Add On for 4 weeks without any costs.

Please send me a mail on birgit.schoenfeld@de.ibm.com incl. your full contact data, so that we can work on your request.

It is not a download as it is a service solution, we will provide the data via mail.

BR, Birgit

Hi Birgit,

Are there plans to open a group on Developer Works for Data Exchange FAQs, questions etc.? I think it would be very useful.
  • BirgitSchoenfeld
    BirgitSchoenfeld
    3 Posts

‏2013-06-06T06:21:53Z  
    Hi Birgit,

Are there plans to open a group on Developer Works for Data Exchange FAQs, questions etc.? I think it would be very useful.

Hi Colm,

sounds as a very good idea to me.

I am going to check and discuss this point with some people in here and will come back (may take a while...)

BR, Birgit