Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-01T09:52:38Z by andrews04
AnnaHussie
AnnaHussie
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Best way to use dreamweaver for web designing

‏2011-03-31T03:29:00Z |
I am using dreamweaver for web designing purpose.I think that i am using it in a good way but could you tell me if someone know the best way to use this.
Updated on 2011-10-10T02:24:35Z at 2011-10-10T02:24:35Z by zabalex
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    161 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Best way to use dreamweaver for web designing

‏2011-04-04T15:34:08Z  in response to AnnaHussie
    Since Dreamweaver is a proprietary approach to web design I'm not a fan. I think that anything that you do with Dreamweaver can be accomplished just as well with knowledge of CSS and some basic database technique. I've run into several groups that get started with Dreamweaver, and there always comes a point where the Dreamweaver advocate drops off and they are stuck with a site that requires specialized knowledge and expensive software to run.

On the other hand, there are many open tools that are freely available [1] which will help you design effective web sites. This sort of design knowledge will let you work with a variety of environments rather than having to first sell your customer that they need Dreamweaver.

There is a ton of information about various open web development techniques right here on developerWorks, especially in the Web Development technology section.

Cheers!
    Chris Walden
    Open Source managing editor, developerWorks

---
    1 - Alternatives to Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 on osalt.com
  • zabalex
    zabalex
    9 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-10-10T02:24:35Z  in response to AnnaHussie
    Hi,
    If you start designing with the creation of site in dreamweaver then it is the best way to start. How I start is
    1: Go to Site Menu
    2: New Site > Then I add the new site name and create a local root site folder.

This helps me in arranging / managing the website effectively.

Whats your method to start with designing in DW?

Regards
    zabalex
  • andrews04
    andrews04
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-01T09:52:38Z  in response to AnnaHussie

I also feel that Dreamweaver is bit outdated.