Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-03-27T19:20:30Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
532 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic datasource publishing problem

‏2011-03-27T15:13:20Z |
Dears, I am facing a problem with my new created datasource, I added these fragments to my geronimo-web.xml

<dependency>
<groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
<artifactId>MIOPDatasource</artifactId>
</dependency>

<resource-ref>
<ref-name>jdbc/MIOPDataSource</ref-name>
<resource-link>MIOPDatasource</resource-link>
</resource-ref>

but when I do any changes to my model, then I try to publish my project (right-click on project -> Publish Application...)

I found these fragments removed from my file.

so the only way to publish my project is by exporting a war file to my project, then deploying it through the WASCE admin console, which is a very long process to be done when I do any small change to my models and builders.
Updated on 2011-03-27T19:20:30Z at 2011-03-27T19:20:30Z by SystemAdmin
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: datasource publishing problem

‏2011-03-27T16:52:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    When Portlet Factory generates a .war file from your project, it will regenerate geronimo-web.xml from the template version of this file. The template is located in WebContent/WEB-INF/bin/deployment of your project. In older versions of Portlet Factory, it was required to modify the template. However, in newer versions of Portlet Factory, we have added an extension fragment framework.

Assuming you're using a newer version of Portlet Factory with the extension fragment support, take a look at the Readme.txt file under WebContent/WEB-INF/bin/deployment/extensions/geronimo.web. The Readme.txt file there should provide instructions on how to add an extension fragment to your project. Essentially, you just place the additional markup required for your geronimo-web.xml file in an .xml file under WebContent/WEB-INF/bin/deployment/extensions/geronimo.web. Portlet Factory's .war export & publish process will take care of merging your extensions into the generated geronimo-web.xml file.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    532 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: datasource publishing problem

‏2011-03-27T19:20:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Dear, Thanks alot for your reply. it really helped.