• Latest Post - ‏2012-05-15T16:26:25Z by DGawron
PriyankaKolee
PriyankaKolee
3 Posts

Pinned topic Asynchronous Webservice service call

‏2011-03-21T13:46:28Z |
We are trying to achieve Asynchronous Webservice service call
We are using Websphere Portlet factory 6.1.2

Builder details-On page load multiple services are getting called. This is being acheived via calling the Service Consumer in a method, calling the method in XML/Javascript Converter and calling it in Timed Action builder.

There are 4 time action builders (to call 4 web services) on event of page load of a particular tag. Our understadning is these 4 times action builders should get fired parallely on page load, right? But based on the logs it seems that these 4 timed actions are getting called sequentially. This is effecting performance a lot. Questions here are:
1. How to ensure 4 timed actions get called parallely not sequentially
2. Can someone help understand the scenario above. According to my understaning these 4 timed action calls must be asynchronous, right? How come they are called sequentially

Updated on 2012-05-15T16:26:25Z at 2012-05-15T16:26:25Z by DGawron
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    9 Posts

Re: Asynchronous Webservice service call

‏2011-03-21T14:27:28Z  
    WebSphere Portlet Factory implements a semaphore/lock to prevent concurrent execution of multiple actions within the same model. This is why you're seeing the 4 requests serialized. This is done to prevent multiple concurrent requests from attempting to modify the portlet state at the same time.
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    50 Posts

‏2011-03-21T14:58:48Z  
    The Timed Actions are most likely firing concurrently on the page. Assuming that all of the Timed Actions are targeting the same model, then the behavior you are seeing is related to a semaphore in WPF that serializes concurrent requests into the same model instance. We do this to prevent concurrent requests from the same session stepping on each other and causing unpredictable results. There are a number of ways to achieve what you are after, but the best approach depends upon a few things such as how your web services behave and what other technologies are deployed in your environment. I'd suggest contacting Portlet Factory customer support. They can help collect the relevant data about your requirements and work with Portlet Factory engineering to help you decide on the best approach.
  • YogeshChouhan
    YogeshChouhan
    2 Posts

‏2011-03-22T08:40:09Z  
    • DGawron
    • ‏2011-03-21T14:58:48Z
    The Timed Actions are most likely firing concurrently on the page. Assuming that all of the Timed Actions are targeting the same model, then the behavior you are seeing is related to a semaphore in WPF that serializes concurrent requests into the same model instance. We do this to prevent concurrent requests from the same session stepping on each other and causing unpredictable results. There are a number of ways to achieve what you are after, but the best approach depends upon a few things such as how your web services behave and what other technologies are deployed in your environment. I'd suggest contacting Portlet Factory customer support. They can help collect the relevant data about your requirements and work with Portlet Factory engineering to help you decide on the best approach.
    Thanks DGawron and all for the reply. I want to know inspite of this limitation is there any way of acheiving parallel asynchronous webservice calls. It will be very helpful if we get something on this.
  • VenkataRatnagiri
    VenkataRatnagiri
    2 Posts

‏2012-05-15T15:13:31Z  
    Hi Buddy's,

I need to create different instantiations for work manager in Asynchronous beans in Resources in web sphere application server console.How to do the process?how to write the code?how to run and how to verify the output?

Why i am using this is,

Use asynchronous beans to improve Web services performance.

how to increase the web service performance using asynchronous beans.

Please give me the solution..As soon as possible .Because this is urgent..

Thanks,
    Venkata.
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    50 Posts

‏2012-05-15T16:26:25Z  
    Hi Buddy's,

I need to create different instantiations for work manager in Asynchronous beans in Resources in web sphere application server console.How to do the process?how to write the code?how to run and how to verify the output?

Why i am using this is,

Use asynchronous beans to improve Web services performance.

how to increase the web service performance using asynchronous beans.

Please give me the solution..As soon as possible .Because this is urgent..

Thanks,
    Venkata.
    This forum is for questions concerning Web Experience Factory (WEF). It doesn't sound like you are using WEF. You'll get a better response if you post your question to a WebSphere specific forum.