Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-07-16T14:58:34Z by Antonello_Supino
agruber
agruber
9 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic SSH operator returncode -1

‏2011-03-10T09:18:09Z |
Hi,

sporadically (once a week to once in two weeks) we receive following error. The thing is that the script which is
executed via secure command operator works and executes correctly (the results are ok) but the returncode is set to -1.

Error Log: (original with translations)

FINEST
Execute node: ETL_MP_-_Mp_Cash_Flow_-_update_CDW_11 -----0---0--
FINEST Aktivität wird ausgeführt: ETL_MP_-_Mp_Cash_Flow_-_update_CDW_11 activity is executing
INFO SQW23001I: Verbindung für x@x an Port 22 wird hergestellt ssh connected
INFO SQW23002I: Sitzung geöffnet. session opened
INFO SQW23006I: Befehl wird ausgeführt: /etlpbU/prog/genshell.sh /etlpbU/script/mp_core/cdw_mp-mp_cash_flow_u.sh Executing command
FINEST Connected - starting execution thread
FINEST Disconnecting secure connection
FINEST Disconnected connection
INFO SQW23005I: Variable ${RETURNCODES/SSHCMD} wird auf Wert -1 gesetzt variable set to -1
INFO SQW23007I: Exit-Code des Befehls: -1
INFO SQW23003I: Sitzung unterbrochen. session disconnected
SEVERE SQW03563E: Fehler beim Ausführen der Java-Klasse com.ibm.datatools.sqw.ssh.runtime.SSHExecute. Ausnahmebedingung: SQW23008E: Ausführung ist fehlgeschlagen ( messages resource bundle not found )
SEVERE SQW03406E: Ausführung für Aktivität ETL_MP_-_Mp_Cash_Flow_-_update_CDW_11 ist fehlgeschlagen
FINEST -- Create check points .....
FINEST 82 CP Name =ETL_MP_-_Mp_Cash_Flow_-_update_CDW_11 loop number = 0 actInst=ETL_MP_-_Mp_Cas_1299728690857_34848
FINEST processFailed item=ETL_MP_-_Mp_Cash_Flow_-_update_CDW_11 type=CODE_UNIT actLA=ETL_MP_-_Mp_Cash_Flow_-_update_CDW_11
FINEST
Execute node: Email_ETL_MP_-_Mp_Cash_Flow.Benachrichtigung__2__15 -----0---0--
Can anyone help please.

Thanks and
Best regards
Updated on 2012-07-16T14:58:34Z at 2012-07-16T14:58:34Z by Antonello_Supino
  • Antonello_Supino
    Antonello_Supino
    54 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: SSH operator returncode -1

‏2012-04-21T12:09:59Z  in response to agruber
    Hello,
    I'm having the same issue you described and have no idea if a solution is available. I'm hitting it in ISW 9.7.3, when using Design Studio and I believe this to be a BUG.

Do you have it in both design studio and admin console?
    Were you able to find a solution?

I have see no answer yet...
    cheers

Anto
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      203 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-24T02:51:36Z  in response to Antonello_Supino
      Hi Antonello,

Did you met the problem (return code of SSH was -1) EVERY time? or like the original thread said, once a week or once in two weeks.

And could you describe the control flow you tried in details?

I tried a <Start -> SSH -> File Write> scenario, and the variable output from SSH is always 0.

Thanks,
      Wei.
      • Antonello_Supino
        Antonello_Supino
        54 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-24T06:42:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hello,
        the ssh rc is -1 not every time, it is a random error and for now I have encountered it only in Design Studio.

My control flow is made of a loop inside with there are two ssh commands (executing two different .sh scripts) in sequence, after each of them the rc is picked up and then tested into a variable comparison operator. The loop repeats every 5 seconds for few hundred of times.

The sh scripts are executed successfully 99 times out of 100, but sometimes the error comes out and the CF aborts with SSH RC -1. It also seems that this error is more likely to happen when you have just started the Design Studio.

Cheers
        Antonello
  • Antonello_Supino
    Antonello_Supino
    54 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-16T14:58:34Z  in response to agruber
    Hi
    I finally had to open a PMR and a working fix has been released by IBM within interim fix sqw_9.7.3.v20120703.
    Antonello Supino