Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-03-08T04:33:20Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
533 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic APT_BadAlloc: Heap allocation failed.

‏2011-03-07T06:51:21Z |
Hi

i have a stage in Datastage in which i am creating a JVM and using some java methods.
When i have less number of records the osh script ran perfectly. But the no.of records are increased i am getting Operator terminated abnormally: Terminating with exception:APT_BadAlloc: Heap allocation failed.

so i increased the heapsize of the JVM at the time of creation, but the error persists. Could any one help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2011-03-08T04:33:20Z at 2011-03-08T04:33:20Z by SystemAdmin
  • RobertDickson
    RobertDickson
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: APT_BadAlloc: Heap allocation failed.

‏2011-03-07T13:15:06Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

Does https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21411997 help?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      533 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: APT_BadAlloc: Heap allocation failed.

‏2011-03-08T04:33:20Z  in response to RobertDickson
      Hi thank you for reply. Actually in that stage implementation when processing the records, i used named pipe for records transfer, then it is working fine irrespective of no.of records. Now i have changed that implementation in such a way that the records are passed as a java objects using JNI concept(in the code i created a JVM and given min heap and max heap size ) now its stuck with the BadAlloc error. Main cause of error is i changed the implementation. I want my implementation to be worked with out any errors. And one more thing is i am new to Data Stage. So suggest some tips to get rid of this.