Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-03-09T22:46:37Z by SelwynAlexander
ViswanathG
ViswanathG
19 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Data Extension for ContEquiv table in IBM MDM 8.0.1 Version

‏2011-03-01T09:06:03Z |
Hi,

I am doing data extension for ContEquiv table in IBM MDM 8.0.1 version. I am not able to generate the data extension code for AdminContEquiv service, because I am not able to see AdminContEquiv entity from any of the modules(BusinessServices, DWLBusinessServices, FinancialServices, Person and Product).

Can anyone help is there anyway to generate data extension code for ConEquiv table in MDM 8.0.1 version or do we need to write data extension code manually.

Thanks for your help..

Viswanath
Updated on 2012-03-09T22:46:37Z at 2012-03-09T22:46:37Z by SelwynAlexander
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Data Extension for ContEquiv table in IBM MDM 8.0.1 Version

‏2011-03-01T13:49:05Z  in response to ViswanathG
    Hi,

In v8, the reference models did not include the ContEquiv (PartyAdminSysKey) entity (it has been added since then - on later versions look for PartyAdminSysKey).

The reason for leaving it out was that it does not follow standard conventions so we could not have generated correct code for the data extension, including web services support. The tools were subsequently enhanced and if you do have PartyAdminSysKey available as an entity to extend, then it should work.

On v8, you can either manually write the code for the extension, or as a workaround you can edit the reference model for Party (that is the file reference.mdmxmi in Party project) to add the entity yourself. To do this you need to know the database table name, BObj name, and web services name of the entity. In the model editor, to set the BObj name, show the Properties view - it is not editable through the editor.

In this case you are likely to find that you can generate the basic data extension code (if you get the right names in the reference model) but the web service code is likely to have errors that you will need to fix up by hand. If you don't need web services support, then disable web service code generation by editing the mdmgen.xml file.

On more recent versions of the workbench editing the reference models is not recommended and may not work.

Hope that helps, Catherine.
    • ViswanathG
      ViswanathG
      19 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-03T13:29:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Catherine,

Thanks very much for your help. As you told, I have modified party refernce.mdmxmi, added "AdminContEquiv" entity and generated data extension code. Code got generated with the compilation errors. I have resolved those errors manually.

1) XAdminContEquivBObjExt extends AdminContEquivBObj, but it should extend TCRMAdminContEquivBObj, so accrding to that I have modified.
      2) in the WS project the following java classes are not created.
      XPartyAdminSysKey_Deser
      XPartyAdminSysKey_Helper
      XPartyAdminSysKey_Ser
      XAdminContEquiv
      So I have create XadminContEquiv class manually. After doing changes all the compilation errors got resolved.

I have made batch call for executing this service. This works fine data is populated in the CONTEQUIV and XCONTEQUIV tables.

But when I make web service call for executing this service, following exception is comming.
      WARNING: WSWS3734W: Warning: Exception caught from invocation to com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.transport.http.HTTPSender:
      WebServicesFault
      faultCode: HTTP
      faultString: ( 500 ) Internal Server Error
      faultActor: http://localhost:9080
      faultDetail:
      null: WSWS3192E: Error: return code: ( 500 ) Internal Server Error
      Error 500: WSWS3142E: Error: Could not find Web services engine.

( 500 ) Internal Server Error
      at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.transport.http.HTTPSender.processStatusCode(HTTPSender.java:1104)
      at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:729)
      at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.PivotHandlerWrapper.invoke(PivotHandlerWrapper.java:227)
      at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.PivotHandlerWrapper.invoke(PivotHandlerWrapper.java:227)
      at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.WebServicesEngine.invoke(WebServicesEngine.java:332)
      at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.client.Connection.invokeEngine(Connection.java:738)
      at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.client.Connection.invoke(Connection.java:659)
      at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.client.Connection.invoke(Connection.java:617)
      at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.client.Connection.invoke(Connection.java:452)
      at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.client.Stub$Invoke.invoke(Stub.java:908)
      at com.ibm.www.xmlns.prod.websphere.wcc.party.binding.PartySoapHttpBindingStub.addPartyAdminSysKey(PartySoapHttpBindingStub.java:3081)
      at com.ibm.mdm.wsclient.WSClient.main(WSClient.java:44)
      Can you help me how to resolve this error. It would be great help for me.

Thanks,
      Viswanath
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        938 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-03T14:46:02Z  in response to ViswanathG
        Hi,

Is that error from the client or the server ? Check the server logs to see if the error is coming from the server.

The error 'Could not find Web services engine' indicates something fairly fundamental wrong with the web services. If it is from the client side you may have the wrong WAS libraries in the classpath. If it is from the server then re-deploying the MDM application may help.

You may also have problems with the web service support for the data extension, but I would expect to see different errors if that is where the problem is.

• rcher
          rcher
          49 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-07T06:10:55Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi Vishwanath,

The error which says "Web Service Engine not Found" in generally says the web services have not got deployed successfully.
          Please try hitting your web service URL in the browser. You should able to see "Hello! This is a Web Service", else it means the web services are not deployed. Hence do a clean/build, and re deploy MDM.

hope it helps...

Thanks,
          Liz
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            938 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-22T03:06:09Z  in response to rcher
            Is this issue present in V9.0 As well?
            I mean to ask, if I do same extension using MDM version V9.0 whether workbench support it OTB or not?
            • aintvoguish
              aintvoguish
              6 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-07T08:54:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              I suppose this can be done similar way for contact Table also. Cgrifin, Please confirm. if i do this way,how does it get associated with Core Trasnction say ( addPerson, AddOrganization) Thanks
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                938 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-07T09:31:13Z  in response to aintvoguish
                Hi,

In MDM, the contact database table is the Party (TCRMPartyBObj) business object. The MDM Workbench does support creating a data extension of Party. However, this is generally not what you need to do. The Person and Organization business objects are the ones you actually use in transactions, so it is these you need to extend.

So use MDM Workbench to extend Person and Organization, you should then be able to use the extensions in transactions without any extra work.

• SelwynAlexander
                  SelwynAlexander
                  8 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-09T22:46:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  Hi Catherine,
                  We got the same rewuirement to extend the contact table to add one more attribute. I have done the extension for (Party/CONTACT).

Now How I have to pass this value to AddPerson...

Question is whether we have to passs the extended Bobj in AddParty(PartyExBobj)

or

Suppose if am doing the extension on Person/Org then How the data mapped into Contact table...Please help me. I have to finish this extension as soonas..

Thanks
                  Selwyn Alexander