IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • No replies
Okonita
Okonita
1 Post

Pinned topic Recurring create tablespace SQL0299N Error. Can anyone be of assistance?‏

‏2011-02-28T04:08:09Z |
Hello,

I have a problem that I hope someone can help me resolve. I have been successful in creating a tablespace/table in all of our DB2 environment but recently (the last three or four days now), I am running into the following Tablespace create problem. I have tried looking for the container path but can’t find it anywhere on our system. I have also changed the
container name many times but each time I get the same error SQL0299N. My research has yielded no solution. IBM acknowledges that the problem was first reported in DB2 9.5 and trumpeted that it has been fixed in UDB 9.7 but that doesn’t do me any good. Can you take a look see and let me know if you have a recommendation, etc for me.

The error message follows:

CREATE LARGE TABLESPACE "DWS_TS_04166" IN DATABASE PARTITION GROUP SDPG PAGESIZE 16384 MANAGED BY DATABASE USING (FILE '/SEVER0/INSTANCEDWH/PRODWH/APA_TS_04164' 300,
FILE '/SEVER0/INSTANCEDWH/PRODWH/APA_TS_04164' 300, FILE '/SEVER0/INSTANCEDWH/PRODWH/APA_TS_04164' 300) EXTENTSIZE 16 PREFETCHSIZE AUTOMATIC BUFFERPOOL BP_16K
OVERHEAD 5.750000 TRANSFERRATE 0.400000 AUTORESIZE YES INCREASESIZE 5 M MAXSIZE 450 M NO FILE SYSTEM CACHING DROPPED TABLE RECOVERY ON

DB21034E. The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returned: SQL0299N Container is
already assigned to the table space. SQLSTATE=42731

Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Best regards
Okonita