Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-03-18T15:00:33Z by kerzee
kerzee
kerzee
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Enabling WAS Admin security only on WBE environments?

‏2011-02-16T15:57:40Z |
By default WBE doesn't enable WAS admin security when installed. If later enable, in a production environment for example, does WAS admin security affect the behavior of the webruntime.ear and/or any of the underlying JMS messaging components?
Updated on 2011-03-18T15:00:33Z at 2011-03-18T15:00:33Z by kerzee
  • kerzee
    kerzee
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Enabling WAS Admin security only on WBE environments?

‏2011-03-15T20:58:36Z  in response to kerzee
    I've done extensive work on this since posted. The answer, I suppose, is in order for WBE to behave as expected both Admin and Application security must be configured. WBE REST and SOAP APIs are leveraged in the Business Space widgets and the WBE Admin Console such that simply enabling Admin Security will result in errors when publishing and managing WBE repository assets.
    • DYFT_Rob_Brownlee
      DYFT_Rob_Brownlee
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-18T01:37:57Z  in response to kerzee
      Interesting... We are about to implement WBE, and that doesn't seem right. Why would the admin security and application security be tied together. Since Websphere is you underlying framework, you would be able to enable admin security without impacting the underlying applications in WAS.
      • kerzee
        kerzee
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-03-18T15:00:33Z  in response to DYFT_Rob_Brownlee
        The WBE REST API is leveraged in Business Space for interaction with the repository. In order to be authenticated into Business Space, Application Security must be enabled and configured according to WBE repository user authentication as outlined in the WBE Infocenter topic located at the following URL. http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wbevents/v7r0m0/index.jsp

I will publish comprehensive details in a developer works paper on this topic in the near future.

Regards,

Mike Kerzee