Topic
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-05T19:18:50Z by SystemAdmin
waewoo
waewoo
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Omnibus 7.2.2 : Failback : Gate.Resync.Type => 'UPDATE' : Event deletion

‏2011-02-15T10:14:34Z |
Hello,

I have a strange behaviour with failback of my omnibus.

So i have two object server (Primary and Backup).
On backup server, i have a bi-directionnal gateway which is configured with Gate.Resync.Type => 'UPDATE'.

This is strange behaviour (for me..)
1 - Primary and Backup object server are UP
2 - I sent an event YYY (and wait it is replicated on Backup)
3 - I stop Object Server primary
4 - I delete event YYY on Backup
5 - I start Object Server Primary
6 - Resynchronisation between two object server occurs
7 - I look in Object Primary and i see that my event YYY is always here.. it has not been deleted during synchronisation ...

I open a PMR (IBM Support) and thay seems to say me that is a normal behaviour ???!!

So it seems it is impossible to have a perfect synchronisation between the two object server omnibus ? I wouls like to have your advice about this subject.. For me it is a bug..

thanks
Thanks
Updated on 2012-10-05T19:18:50Z at 2012-10-05T19:18:50Z by SystemAdmin
  • rkrzywicki
    rkrzywicki
    133 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Omnibus 7.2.2 : Failback : Gate.Resync.Type => 'UPDATE' : Event deletion

‏2011-02-16T20:36:24Z  in response to waewoo
    The UPDATE option does not resync deletes, although I don't know why. If you want to ensure that deletes are resynced, then use either NORMAL or MINIMAL.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1283 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-21T13:47:14Z  in response to rkrzywicki
      A couple of questions.

1) What is the interval of the full db sync process?
      UPDATE?
      Normal?
      Minimal?

2) Are any configurations of the gateways(UNI) that would allow to control the behavior of the gateways w.r.t. this event sync'ing? I am thinking the we could minimize the problem if we could limit the event sync process to only sync events in the last 90-120 minutes or so. That way there would be minimal double event deletions.

Thanks
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1283 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-21T21:24:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        The default cycle time is 60 seconds - http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v8r1/topic/com.ibm.netcool_OMNIbus.doc_7.3.1/omnibus/gateways/objectservergw/wip/reference/objsrvgw_config_uni_properties.html

Data on all of the questions so far are documented in the gateway guide.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          1283 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Omnibus 7.3.1 Java memory increase

‏2012-09-25T16:05:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          We are having serious problem with Java on our Omnibus.
          How can we increase JVM on our box?
          OS is Win08
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            1283 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Omnibus 7.3.1 Java memory increase

‏2012-09-25T18:48:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Found info however after I type from wsadmin>jvm=AdminConfig.list
            command is not recognized.
      • GQ4Q_Simon_Knights
        GQ4Q_Simon_Knights
        7 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-26T10:55:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hello,

- if the Gateway is running and connected to an active ObjectServer when the delete occurs , deletes are propagated across
        - if the Gateway, ObjectServer or connection aren't active, deletes aren't propagated

Resync types of 'NORMAL' and 'MINIMAL' delete events in the target object server that were not in the source object server. (MINIMAL requires a trigger is activated to do the deletes). 'UPDATE' does not delete events when the resync completes.

If store and forward mode is activate on the Gateways, it will store all requests that occur whilst the connection is not active, and replay them when the connection restarts. This includes deletes. The store and forward option is activated by setting "SAF" and "SAFReplayOnResync" properties. NOTE: the SAF file could quickly become large on a busy system. The SAF options would not be needed on 'NORMAL' or 'MINIMAL' resync where events are deleted on reconnect.

It might to be possible to limit the events that are resynced across to a specific time period for NORMAL and UPDATE types by specifying a filter in the Gateway REPLICATION definition. For example:

REPLICATE ALL FROM TABLE 'alerts.status'
        USING MAP 'StatusMap'
        FILTER WITH 'StateChange > getdate() - NNNN';

where 'NNNN' is the time period you want pull events over for.

I've not tested this, and have not come across other customers running with this filter or SAF active on a Gateway. So this would need to be
        carefully tested to make sure there a no unintended consequences (such as old events getting deleted).

regards,
        Simon
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          1283 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-05T19:18:50Z  in response to GQ4Q_Simon_Knights
          I do thank you for your complete explanation.