Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-19T13:44:36Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
374 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to create an HTML Web Reports Diagrams having making entities bigger

‏2011-02-07T22:29:01Z |
Hi Everyone,

I'm actually working in a very huge Data Model which contains several tables/entities, and after get all Diagrams built I just pressed 'Publish the selected elements to HTML pages': The publishing feature that produces a hypertext-linked web of HTML pages that shows information about my models. However, even changing the Font Size and other Diagram Appearance Properties, HTML Report Diagram Pictures still comes up too small and simply impossible to be read. =/
Just looked through all properties and I don't see any parameter which could fix the problem;

I remember ERWing Data Modeling Tool being able in specify a percentage there Report Setup, regarding Diagram Picture Size, as part of the HTML Web Report....
Is there any similar 'Picture Resize' feature for this Built-in 'Web Publish' Report here IDA?
Thanks in advance,

Wilson
Updated on 2013-03-19T13:44:36Z at 2013-03-19T13:44:36Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    374 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to create an HTML Web Reports Diagrams having making entities bigger

‏2011-02-08T00:50:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Wilson,

Did you use Data -> Publish -> Web... to web publish the diagrams? "Picture Resize" is not available when web publising a diagram using IDA.

Thanks,
    Wei
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      374 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-08T12:00:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Exactly! But what surprises me is the diagram coming up too small and simply not possible to be read.
      I got them bigger before taking some workaround, putting just 5-6 entities per row; but the final diagram links got pretty confuse by this way and, instead of 'impossible to read' it becomes 'impossible to understand'. =D

Are you sure we actually do not have any way to make that diagram bigger?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    374 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-05-18T17:49:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    We had to scale it down when web publishing a very large diagram to avoid out-of-memory problem. A possible workaround is to remove some entities and reduce the diagram size.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      374 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-19T13:44:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      It is 2013, Is there any fix for this problem in V7.6 ?. I have same problem. But, asking the user to remove some of the diagram to fit into the page is like asking the user to cut his/her foot to fit into the shoe. That is bad.