Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-08T09:24:13Z by 2ni
greg2011
greg2011
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Generating PM work orders

‏2011-02-05T00:23:03Z |
Hello, first time poster and new user of Maximo. My company has just started using Maximo as the CMMS for our jobsite. I have loaded all of our scheduled PMs in the PM module and we're having problems generating these scheduled work orders.

From the list tab where I have all PM records displayed, I drop down the 'Select Action' menu and select 'Generate Work Orders'. After I press OK in the next window, where it states this will effect all records, Maximo seems to be generating the work orders but no work orders are created in 'Work Order Tracking'. I do not get an error message of any sort.

Ultimately we would like to use Cron Task to fully automate this process and have Maximo generate all work orders for the upcoming work week every Friday, but we're having this initial problem. Any advise on what to do or check for? Thanks.
Updated on 2011-02-15T23:17:14Z at 2011-02-15T23:17:14Z by SystemAdmin
  • schrob
    schrob
    59 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Generating PM work orders

‏2011-02-07T11:30:59Z  in response to greg2011
    Did you try generating the workorders in background mode? You will get an e-mail when the job is finished, which includes errormessages.

Regards
    Robert
  • greg2011
    greg2011
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-09T13:15:33Z  in response to greg2011
    Sorry for the newbie question, but how do you put it in background mode?
    • IanTurner
      IanTurner
      8 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-10T12:34:11Z  in response to greg2011
      It is one of the check box options in the Generate Work Order pop up
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-15T23:17:14Z  in response to greg2011
    Have you activated each of the new PM's? We find you need to choose all records first before selecting generate workorders.
  • maheshrajac
    maheshrajac
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-07T10:05:38Z  in response to greg2011

Hi All,

Even im facing the same issue. Can someone help in getting this resolved?

• 2ni
      2ni
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-08T09:24:13Z  in response to maheshrajac

Hello,

for the first i would like to say sorry cause my english is not good but i hope what i'm telling you can help u.

if you manually generate wo from pm using select action > generate work orders, don't check the use frequency criteria option.

some case.... if you uncheck use frequency criteria and then click ok... the maximo will show you the dialog box that PM-XXX created work order... but when you find in work order tracking application there is no record related to the PM's... if you facing this problem, i want you to connect to the maximo database and pointing to pmancestor table. verified that your pm number is listed to that table... if the pmnum is not exists try to insert the pmnum manually after that please generate the work order from pm...

tell me if this work or not (but i hope this work ^_^)

regards,

2nivee