Topic
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-08T09:10:59Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1192 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Regarding busy.jsp page

‏2011-02-04T16:21:26Z |
Though, the Enable busy page is unchecked from the Project Settings -> Other tab -> Client Settings BUT still I see a busy page coming for some reason, here, two things to be clarified, 1) why is the busy.jsp appearing even though it is disabled and where could I find the time span to change e.g. after this much of time the busy.jsp page should appear... Thanks in advance!
-Rafay
Updated on 2013-02-08T09:10:59Z at 2013-02-08T09:10:59Z by SystemAdmin
  • CloudTsai
    CloudTsai
    55 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Regarding busy.jsp page

‏2011-02-05T03:05:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Rafay,

Could you please provide your HATS version?

-Cloud
  • CloudTsai
    CloudTsai
    55 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-05T03:36:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Rafay,

Please describe more about your scenario when the busy page displays.
    What is the meaning of time span? The display of busy page should not be related to time. After a time period of no activity, the displayed page should be stop.jsp, and that is about automatic disconnect settings.
    Thanks

-Cloud
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1192 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-07T16:44:16Z  in response to CloudTsai
      Here question is that what is Busy.jsp if this display how to prevent it.
      Is there any setting present related to Busy.jsp

Thanks,
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1192 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-07T19:26:30Z  in response to CloudTsai
      Cloud,
      HATS version I am using is 7.5.1
      To describe the scenario more is e.g. I don't the reason when and why busy.jsp appears on the web page, only thing I am concerned about is to know what are the causes of it. Do I have any control over it like if I want to show busy.jsp or don't show or show after some time (e.g. 10 minutes) etc... I know about stop.jsp automatic disconnect settings BUT here I am concerned about busy.jsp, why it is appearing? is id due to mainframe or due to WAS server on which the HATS application is deployed? Hope you get a better idea now!
      -Rafay
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1192 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-08T08:17:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi,

I believe that as long as Refresh button returns you back to same page it is fine if not we can work on it.

This URL may help -- i didn't try this myself, but you can check it out!

http://www.webservertalk.com/message1087868.html

//Ahmed
        • RonCraig
          RonCraig
          72 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-08T21:41:39Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Ahmed, good find! Greg gave a nice short explanation.

I think Rafay is not actually seeing a Busy page, but since the option is on the Project Settings, he just wants to know what it is all about.

If that's the case, here's your (long history-filled) answer:

When an end user submits a request to the HATS Entry Servlet, the HATS server begins servicing that request... updating the host screen with the user's data, sending the aid key to the host, running any macro that may be called for, running business logic, settling the screen, deciding which screen customization should be run next, and so forth.

In the past (many versions ago), users might grow impatient and starting pounding on the Enter key (or F3 or whatever). Each such action sends another Web request to the HATS server, which can't service these requests because it is already busy doing something else with your host connection.

I had to give a response, though, to the request, so I simply sent back a Busy page. This caused users to have to slow down, read the page, and press Refresh (since I didn't give them the ability to press any more host aid keys on the Busy page). By the time they read the Busy page and pressed Refresh, usually we were finished servicing the initial request. Pressing Refresh then caused the server to send back the current host screen, and the user could proceed.

The other option, of course, is to simply note when the web page is first submitted, and then block any further requests from that page with java script. Now if banging on the keyboard doesn't send in extra requests, you can't get into the Busy situation in the first place. I thought this was better and just changed the product to prevent the problem.

Well, our customers are a diverse lot! Some customers wanted to get a Busy page (I guess it gave them some satisfaction to fire extra requests at the server?) and others loved that they never got a Busy page any more. To satisfy both groups, we made it a setting. By default, the java script blocks any extra submissions until you get your response. If you want, though, you can switch off that java script and let your most impatient users get an occasional Busy page. It's up to you.
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            1192 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-08T09:10:59Z  in response to RonCraig
            Hi,

I am using HATS 8.0.0.0 and I am facing the same "busy page" problem, and I can't access to the link above. It seems Webservertalk is not responding any more (only a blank page).
            In my application, option is disabled an even so, the page appears but only with internet explorer. Neither Firefox nor Chrome show busy page.

My client uses internet explorer in intranet and he does not want to see busy page. Could you give some clue on how to get rid of busy page?

Thanks in advance for your help
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1192 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-02-05T10:01:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    In Busy page you should have Refresh Button when pressing it, is it redirected to your original page or not?

//Ahmed