Topic
  • No replies
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
196 Posts

Pinned topic Can not find OSR generator API include file gxlhosrg.h

‏2011-02-02T01:37:11Z |
I'm trying to use the OSR generator API that is documented in the XML System Services User's Guide and Reference (SA23-1350). The samples include file gxlhosrg.h which does not exist in the /usr/include/metal directory on our machine. None of the other include files provide prototypes for the OSR generator API. If I omit the include statement, the compiler truncates the names of the OSR generator API routines and the binder fails because it can not located the truncated names.

Can anyone tell me where I can find this include file?

If this is not the correct forum in which to ask this question, can anyone direct me to a more appropriate forum?

Thank you very much.

David Liebtag
Updated on 2011-02-02T21:32:53Z at 2011-02-02T21:32:53Z by brataj
  • Visda
    Visda
    29 Posts

Re: Can not find OSR generator API include file gxlhosrg.h

‏2011-02-02T12:57:12Z  
    Hi, David,

Could this be because there is no Metal version of the gxlhosrg.h? (ref: Apendix D SA23-1350-03)
    I was able to find the LE version of this header file in /usr/include on our systems, z/OS V1R11 and z/OS V1R12.

Let me know if you are still having the binder issues if you use the gxlhosrg.h from /usr/include directory.

Thanks,
    Visda
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    196 Posts

‏2011-02-02T14:24:01Z  
    Visda,

I had not noticed that statement in appendix D. It makes it seems like I can't use the OSR generator API from a Metal C program. I guess I'll have to rethink my plan.

Thank you.

David Liebtag
  • brataj
    brataj
    11 Posts

‏2011-02-02T21:32:53Z  
    The OSR generator is delivered in DLL format, so you need to call it from LE code. It doesn't have to be the full C/C++, although that's most convenient, but can be Cobol or PL/I.