• 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-16T12:57:05Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
15496 Posts

Pinned topic Combing Chart and Crosstab with same

‏2011-02-01T12:53:49Z |
Hi Friends,

Please see the attached document and please help, ur in very urgent need.
We have combine the chart and crosstab in report which shows the data.
Updated on 2012-11-16T12:57:05Z at 2012-11-16T12:57:05Z by SystemAdmin
  • M23060
    M23060
    38 Posts

Re: Combing Chart and Crosstab with same

‏2011-02-01T18:26:41Z  
    Hello,

I made a smilar report by first creating a cross tab, then I clicked on the "insert chart button," select the type of chart you want (there is an option for a stacked column, which looks like what you want) and then it generates the chart with the table below.

I hope this helps.

Regards - Melissa
  • cognos78
    cognos78
    15 Posts

‏2011-02-01T19:01:51Z  
    How is the columns in the crosstab are aligned with the bars on the chart? It is automatic or settings needed some tweaking? Is the chart inserted in the crosstab?
  • M23060
    M23060
    38 Posts

‏2011-02-01T21:50:05Z  
    Hello,

Take a look at how the report exports in PDF. I haven't attempted to modify the spacing, as my internal clients were okay with the output. Ignore the black speckle's on the screen, that is my attempt to erase confidential data.

-Melissa
  • cognos78
    cognos78
    15 Posts

‏2011-02-02T00:11:47Z  
    I think the request was to align the columns in the crosstab to bars on the chart. I did insert the chart in the column members area and created a master-detail relationship b/w crosstab & chart. Need tpo hide the legend, labels and axis on the chart.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

‏2011-02-02T03:34:38Z  
    • M23060
    • ‏2011-02-01T18:26:41Z
    Hello,

I made a smilar report by first creating a cross tab, then I clicked on the "insert chart button," select the type of chart you want (there is an option for a stacked column, which looks like what you want) and then it generates the chart with the table below.

I hope this helps.

Regards - Melissa
    Hi Melissa,

Can u please explain in breif about the method which you tired
  • M23060
    M23060
    38 Posts

‏2011-02-03T13:10:26Z  
    Hi Melissa,

Can u please explain in breif about the method which you tired
    Hi Vasuyala,

I'm not sure I understand your question. I created a chart with a cross tab by first creating a cross tab report, then I clicked on the "Insert Chart" button, that button is the fourth button from the right, in the middle row of the Cogos User Interface (at least it is in my configuration).

I haven't done anything to modify my report, except I did add a block, from the insertable items pane to creat some space between the chart and the crosstab.

I hope this helps (?) please clarify what you need assistance with.

Thanks - Melissa
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

‏2011-02-03T17:34:52Z  
    • cognos78
    • ‏2011-02-02T00:11:47Z
    I think the request was to align the columns in the crosstab to bars on the chart. I did insert the chart in the column members area and created a master-detail relationship b/w crosstab & chart. Need tpo hide the legend, labels and axis on the chart.
    Hi,
    It appears that you have already been able to create a crosstab and a stack column chart. Here are my suggestion for further steps:

1. You don't need to define master deatail relationship b/n crosstab and chart if they are displaying same information at the same granular level. From you requirement, it appears, both will display monthly open categories count. Hence, first Create a crosstab. Add rows, column and a measure. Next,select crosstab, click on Insert Chart, select Column Stack. This will associate both chart and crosstab to the same query. Ensure that Category type is set as the series and Month as Categories(X-axis).

2. Next, if you dont want series display, then select chart. In the properties pane, set : legend = hide, y2 axis=hide, ordinal axis = hide

Again, this will help you get rid of month display on X-axis so chart is displayed corresponding to crosstab column. But, you may not achieve 100% alignment. You may need to resize chart or go out of the way to achieve the same.

I have attached my sample output.

-Gicy
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

‏2012-11-16T12:57:05Z  
    Hi,
    It appears that you have already been able to create a crosstab and a stack column chart. Here are my suggestion for further steps:

1. You don't need to define master deatail relationship b/n crosstab and chart if they are displaying same information at the same granular level. From you requirement, it appears, both will display monthly open categories count. Hence, first Create a crosstab. Add rows, column and a measure. Next,select crosstab, click on Insert Chart, select Column Stack. This will associate both chart and crosstab to the same query. Ensure that Category type is set as the series and Month as Categories(X-axis).

2. Next, if you dont want series display, then select chart. In the properties pane, set : legend = hide, y2 axis=hide, ordinal axis = hide

Again, this will help you get rid of month display on X-axis so chart is displayed corresponding to crosstab column. But, you may not achieve 100% alignment. You may need to resize chart or go out of the way to achieve the same.

I have attached my sample output.

-Gicy
    Hi Gicy,

I have same requirement in cognos(combining chart and crosstab with same),i tried same way but i couldnot get the output,if you don't mind could you please provide the report XML through mail, my mail id is 624sandy@gmail.com please it is a urgent requirement.