Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
No replies
graham40
graham40
127 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Using PF5 in CEDF, scrolling keys don't work

‏2011-01-24T00:11:41Z |
Hello,

Am TXSeries 7.1.0.2, running a program thru CEDF, just did EXEC CICS RECEIVE MAP, got NORMAL, used PF5 to view working storage but PF7,8,10,11 did nothing .. working in isolation have nooo..one to ask:-(.

Also whatever I put something in the ADDRESS: field I get 'Invalid address ignored: address outside allowed range' .. even if I put in address that's on screen like 000000A0 :-(.

Have I missed something simple? I looked in the compile outputs but nothing that points to a displacement of any field but if the scrolling keys don't work, not much use in knowing the field's displacement?

Picture attached!
Please, thanks,
Graham

From googling I got:
PF5 : WORKING STORAGE
Displays the current working storage section of a COBOL user program. The information that corresponds to this section is shown in both hexadecimal and character representations, similar to a dump listing. You cannot view your own main storage area (acquired by the use of the EXEC CICS GETMAIN command), but you can view the COMMAREA storage.
.. I don't use GETMAIN.