Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-30T04:22:05Z by Clintonzz
trisi
trisi
2 Posts

Pinned topic Installing a plugin for birt to work in Maximo

‏2011-01-20T01:34:52Z |
I'm downloaded a trial for a barcode generator for BIRT to add a barcode to a report (testing to see if it works as needed). The plugin consists of 2 .jar files that go in the plugins folder. When I open eclipse and preview the report there it works perfectly, but I can't figure out how to get the plugin working when I run the report from Maximo. I put the plugin files in <maximo base folder>\applications\maximo\maximouiweb\webmodule\WEB-INF\birt\platform\plugins and restarted the application server. When I preview the report in maximo, it shows up blank, with just the date that's autoadded from the default blank report in eclipse (test report has nothing but the barcode on it). Does anyone know how to get a .jar plugin for birt working when you run the report from Maximo? Or is there a better way to do barcodes in a BIRT report, anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks
Updated on 2011-02-09T21:45:20Z at 2011-02-09T21:45:20Z by sersmile
  • prasenjit2.b
    prasenjit2.b
    5 Posts

Re: Installing a plugin for birt to work in Maximo

‏2011-01-20T06:52:56Z  
    You can use "IDAutomationCode39" barcode (attached). You need to install the font in the server in which Maximo is installed.
  • trisi
    trisi
    2 Posts

‏2011-01-20T23:26:54Z  
    You can use "IDAutomationCode39" barcode (attached). You need to install the font in the server in which Maximo is installed.
    Thanks for the answer, but unfortunately we need it to be a PDF417 barcode.
  • jasonverly
    jasonverly
    128 Posts

‏2011-01-24T20:51:44Z  
    • trisi
    • ‏2011-01-20T23:26:54Z
    Thanks for the answer, but unfortunately we need it to be a PDF417 barcode.
    Can you give a link on where you got the plugin from so I can see how it works? From what I've seen in BIRT but I'm guessing the plug-in gave some functionality to more easily embed the barcode font when creating the report, but an actual font file will need to be copied to the Maximo server.

Taking a peek at the plugin should be able to confirm this or point to another possible answer.
  • sersmile
    sersmile
    2 Posts

‏2011-02-09T21:45:20Z  
    I installed the IDAutomationcode39 on Windows.
    When running BIRT 2.3.2 the "barcode" font is not displayed in the property font list.

How to display the "barcode" font in the BIRT font list, any property file to be configured and how?

Thank you