• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-25T20:28:22Z by spriet
geejay
geejay
36 Posts

Pinned topic Required fields for XSLT Transformation with SMO root /

‏2011-01-19T12:50:26Z |
I use XSLT extensively throught my app.

I almost always map from the root, so I have access to the whole SMO.

I read the following from the InfoCenter:

If you select /, /headers or /context as the root, you need to explicitly map all the SMO sections, using the XML mapping editor. *****

Can someone please tell me what headers (such as SMOHeader, properties) , and what fields from context that I DEFINITELY need to transfer?

I have received errors such as Message-ID not found (thrown from a Trace primitive) when I haven't transferred these fields.

Thanks
Updated on 2013-03-25T20:28:22Z at 2013-03-25T20:28:22Z by spriet
  • mmalc
    mmalc
    216 Posts

Re: Required fields for XSLT Transformation with SMO root /

‏2011-01-20T21:42:49Z  
    If I map from the root, I generally right click on the left hand object in the xslt primitive and select "match mapping" This creates all the necessary transformations that I will need and map them if they are present. Then I don't need to worry.

Note why do you always map from the root. If you are doing gateway stuff then I can perhaps understand, but you lose a lot of the performance benefits of the xslt primitive by doing that.

Cheers
    Marvin
  • spriet
    spriet
    58 Posts

Re: Required fields for XSLT Transformation with SMO root /

‏2013-03-25T20:28:22Z  
    The recommendation would be to only map at the / (root) level if you are doing mappings that are outside the /body. If you are only mapping data in /body then it would be better performance and easier to manage by just mapping /body.

Dave Spriet
    BPM Architect, BPM SWAT