Topic
  • No replies
RajanikanthBatchu
RajanikanthBatchu
1 Post

Pinned topic can i install and use java6_64 bit and java6_32 bit JDKs in the same AIX6.1

‏2011-01-10T14:02:01Z |
Hi,

I have a question regarding java JDK versions installations and useage in my AIX6.1 server....

We are running peoplesoft application in our AIX6.1 server which is of 64-bit OS...As per peoplesoft recommondation our Tuxedo Application server should be using Java6_64 bit JDK version and Weblogic webserver should be using Java6_32bit JDK version.

Can i install and use both java6_64 bit and java6_32 bit JDKs in the same AIX6.1 server which is of 64bit OS.

I just want to install JAVA6_64 bit JDK version in /usr/java6_64 folder and JAVA6_32 bit JDK version in /usr/java6 folder of the same AIX6.1 server.. Is it possible without any issues???
Then i will point Tuxedo Application Server to use Java6_64 bit and will point weblogice webserver to use java6_32 bit......Is it possible without any negative impact in the application level or server level...

I request to please help me in this regards to resolve the issue with your suggestions and guidelines..