• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-04-28T16:13:01Z by Felipe.Ureta
IrfanSh
IrfanSh
2 Posts

Pinned topic How to enable Reporting in TBSM

‏2011-01-03T11:38:23Z |
Hi
I am very new to TBSM. There are some services being monitored in our installed TBSM.
Now the organization want to start getting reportes from that; I dnt have idea where to start from.

I will be very thankful if any body helps

Regards
IrfanSh
Updated on 2011-04-28T16:13:01Z at 2011-04-28T16:13:01Z by Felipe.Ureta
  • srimal
    srimal
    1 Post

Re: How to enable Reporting in TBSM

‏2011-01-04T04:37:53Z  
    hi,

Historical reporting allows you to launch a variety of predefined TBSM reports that display data about services, service outages, and root-cause events that result in status changes. You use the Tivoli Common Reporting interface to select from various report time periods and choose to view the report output in either HTML or PDF format.

Note: To enable historical reporting, you must install Business Service Management Agent.(read the read book)

hope this helps.
  • IrfanSh
    IrfanSh
    2 Posts

‏2011-01-07T12:59:31Z  
    • srimal
    • ‏2011-01-04T04:37:53Z
    hi,

Historical reporting allows you to launch a variety of predefined TBSM reports that display data about services, service outages, and root-cause events that result in status changes. You use the Tivoli Common Reporting interface to select from various report time periods and choose to view the report output in either HTML or PDF format.

Note: To enable historical reporting, you must install Business Service Management Agent.(read the read book)

hope this helps.
    hi Srimal

First of all many thanks for your reply.
    In our installed TIP web interface I can see the common reporting and overview report also.

I want to have the reports about the services which I have listed in TBSM.

So far what I have developed understanding is that some how I have to add those services in the Common Reporting Tab. plz correct me if I am telling the wrong procedure.

Also help me in fulfilling the task.

Best Regards
    IrfanSh
  • Felipe.Ureta
    Felipe.Ureta
    14 Posts

‏2011-04-28T16:13:01Z  
    • IrfanSh
    • ‏2011-01-07T12:59:31Z
    hi Srimal

First of all many thanks for your reply.
    In our installed TIP web interface I can see the common reporting and overview report also.

I want to have the reports about the services which I have listed in TBSM.

So far what I have developed understanding is that some how I have to add those services in the Common Reporting Tab. plz correct me if I am telling the wrong procedure.

Also help me in fulfilling the task.

Best Regards
    IrfanSh
    Hi,

I recently did this for a client of us. We had TBSM and ITM installed. You need to install the BSM Agent for ITM in the TBSM server(and having the itm os agent installed is a requirement). Then in the ITM console you need to enable the agent to save the information to the ITM Data Warehouse.

On the TBSM in the reports section you need to import the TBSM reports if you haven't installed them previously and configure the connection to the ITM Data Warehouse.

I don't know if you can have historical reports without ITM.

Hope this helps,

Felipe