Pinned topic SIP Application and OSGi

‏2010-12-29T16:12:29Z |
Assuming I have the following WAS configuration:
ND 7.0.0.13
CEA FEP 1.0.0.7
JPA 2.0 Feature 1.0.0.1
OSGi Apps Feature 1.0.0.1
SCA FEP 1.0.1.7

Does the OSGi framework fully support SIP Application bundles (JSR 289) or are there any known limitations?

I managed to start a SIP Application as an OSGi bundle (in the same way as a simple WAB) but I didn't find any documentation on SIP support so I wondered whether I'm missing anything.

Thanks

Yotam
Updated on 2011-01-11T10:23:17Z at 2011-01-11T10:23:17Z by MarkN
  • MarkN
    MarkN
    2 Posts

Re: SIP Application and OSGi

‏2011-01-06T14:26:14Z  
    Hello Yotam.
    As you have discovered, our feature pack does enable you to build an OSGi application that provides SIP endpoints. It does not provide any SIP-specific features. So far as known limitations go, I do not expect SIP annotations in WABs to be processed correctly. Neither do we support .sar files in .ebas: SIP Servlets need to be packaged into WABs. If you encounter any other problems than these, do please let us know.

Regards,
    Mark
  • YotamAvivi
    YotamAvivi
    2 Posts

‏2011-01-08T08:34:25Z  
    • MarkN
    • ‏2011-01-06T14:26:14Z
    Hello Yotam.
    As you have discovered, our feature pack does enable you to build an OSGi application that provides SIP endpoints. It does not provide any SIP-specific features. So far as known limitations go, I do not expect SIP annotations in WABs to be processed correctly. Neither do we support .sar files in .ebas: SIP Servlets need to be packaged into WABs. If you encounter any other problems than these, do please let us know.

Regards,
    Mark
    Thanks Mark,

When we deployed a SIP bundle it was not detected by the Admin Console as a SIP application and therefore we cannot configure elements such as the SIP Application Router.

Do we have to use management API (such as wsadmin) to do that or is there any way to make the Admin Console detect it?

BTW
    We packaged the SIP module as a JAR and not a WAB inside the EBA is that related to the above issue ?
    Best Regards

Yotam
  • MarkN
    MarkN
    2 Posts

‏2011-01-11T10:23:17Z  
    Thanks Mark,

When we deployed a SIP bundle it was not detected by the Admin Console as a SIP application and therefore we cannot configure elements such as the SIP Application Router.

Do we have to use management API (such as wsadmin) to do that or is there any way to make the Admin Console detect it?

BTW
    We packaged the SIP module as a JAR and not a WAB inside the EBA is that related to the above issue ?
    Best Regards

Yotam
    Hello Yotam,

I believe so. As I wrote earlier, "SIP Servlets need to be packaged into WABs." They also need to be preconfigured because we do not yet have SIP-specific admin console panels for OSGi applications. I'm sorry for these shortcomings, which are on our list of things to improve.

Regards,
    Mark