Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-12-17T06:59:03Z by Antonello_Supino
Antonello_Supino
Antonello_Supino
54 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ISW 9.7 deployment configuration and variable mapping configuration file

‏2010-12-09T16:22:42Z |
Hello,
suppose that a datawarehouse application have been correctly created in Design Studio (and .zip file already created), is there any way to generate a template of deployment configuration and variable mapping configuration file to customize and then use with deployApplication whcommand batch deploy command?

Thank you in advance
AS
Updated on 2010-12-17T06:59:03Z at 2010-12-17T06:59:03Z by Antonello_Supino
  • JP_Parkin
    JP_Parkin
    128 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ISW 9.7 deployment configuration and variable mapping configuration file

‏2010-12-10T15:30:06Z  in response to Antonello_Supino
    hi Antonello,
    I've attached zip file to this note that contains a small java application for doing what you have described. Just unzip the contents into a directory and modify the GenWHCmdFile.bat script to point to the java.exe on your system.

The syntax for the script is :

genWHCmdFile <appZip> <targetDir>

where <appZip> is the application zip file
    <targetDir> is the location where the deployment and variable files will be written.

The tool will create two files :
    <application name>.deploy - this is the name of the file you specify on the deployApplication command
    <application name>.vars - this is the list of variables
    You need to specify the install and log path in the .deploy file and you need to modify the data source and system resource mappings. If the default variables from the Design Studio should be changed, then you can also modify the .vars file.

Note that this is not a supported IBM application - just something that you can use. If you run into issues let me know and I'll see what I can do to correct them. If you find it useful let me know and we can consider adding it to the official Warehouse product ( or maybe have an option during deployment in the Design Studio to generate these files ).

Best regards,
    JP
    • Antonello_Supino
      Antonello_Supino
      54 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-12-13T17:51:09Z  in response to JP_Parkin
      Thank you JP,
      I will test it and I will came back again on this thread.

AS
      • Antonello_Supino
        Antonello_Supino
        54 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-12-17T06:59:03Z  in response to Antonello_Supino
        Hello JP,
        the tool works great and now it already is heavily used, it is very useful.
        I believe it would be great to have it added in future releases to the official Warehouse product both in command line and as an option during deployment in the Design Studio to generate these files.

Thank you.
        AS