Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-12-06T21:05:43Z by mburati
Yuanhao
Yuanhao
2 Posts

Pinned topic Meet Could not initialize class org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient error

‏2010-12-06T19:30:19Z |
I add a web service call builder in model to consume a .net webservice.
In service call type I choose WSDL and in wsdl I input the url like http://xxxxx/_vti_bin/SMFServices/SMFSite.asmx?wsdl.
And Click fetch the builder could recognize all the method. I choose one.
And In main action list I add DataServices/SMFSites/execute.
Then I run this model but in page I meet such error:
An error has occurred.
The error message returned was: "Error in method main. Error in method SMFSites.invoke. Error in method SMFSites.invokeInternal. Could not initialize class org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient".

Please refer to the logs folder in your deployed application for additional error information.

Click here for a detailed error message. Click here to hide the detailed error message.

Exception Error in method main. Error in method SMFSites.invoke. Error in method SMFSites.invokeInternal. Could not initialize class org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient

Stack Trace
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient
at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:104)
at org.apache.axis.client.Service.(Service.java:113)
at com.bowstreet.util.soap.SOAPRequest.clear(SOAPRequest.java:358)
at com.bowstreet.util.soap.SOAPRequest.(SOAPRequest.java:283)
at com.bowstreet.builders.webapp.methods.ServiceCallMethods.doSOAPRequest(ServiceCallMethods.java:538)
at com.bowstreet.builders.webapp.methods.ServiceCallMethods.invokeInternal(ServiceCallMethods.java:307)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

Can anybody know the reason?
Updated on 2010-12-06T21:05:43Z at 2010-12-06T21:05:43Z by mburati
  • mburati
    mburati
    352 Posts

Re: Meet Could not initialize class org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient error

‏2010-12-06T21:05:43Z  
    Which version of WPF (including fixpack level) are you running?

Which version of WebSphere Portal (or WASCE) are you running it on?

In WP 7 on WAS 7, the WPF ws builder will use the JAX-WS that comes with WAS (same with WAS6.1 if the WS feature pak of WAS is installed, and same with current versions of WASCE).

In WP 6.1.x, AXIS typically is bundled where the Portal's classloader can find it, so it'll pick it up from there.

If you're running WPF 7 and Tomcat for dev, you may need to add the AXIS feature set to your project.

..mb1