Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-12-09T19:41:13Z by IsItGuoyou
shootingstars
shootingstars
3 Posts

Pinned topic RAD 7.5.5.1 - Class Diagram Artifacts don't show up

‏2010-12-03T23:39:40Z |
I have RAD 7.5.5.1. When I try to create a class diagram from RAD, it opens up the .dnx file.
But I don't see any option listed in the artifact except "File" within the palette. I don't see any option to create a class.
I enabled Modeling from the Window->Preferences->General->Capabilities. But I still don't see anything in
Updated on 2010-12-09T19:41:13Z at 2010-12-09T19:41:13Z by IsItGuoyou
  • SteveArnold
    SteveArnold
    10 Posts

Re: RAD 7.5.5.1 - Class Diagram Artifacts don't show up

‏2010-12-06T07:25:17Z  
    Hi

The class diagramming capability in rad is just visualisation, so you either need to drop some java classes onto the diagram surface, or from the palette create a java class. There is no abstract uml modelling in rad, for that you need rsa ( which if you don't have it, is worth another look as we reduced the price significantly as of the v8 release)

Steve
  • shootingstars
    shootingstars
    3 Posts

‏2010-12-06T17:41:13Z  
    Hi

The class diagramming capability in rad is just visualisation, so you either need to drop some java classes onto the diagram surface, or from the palette create a java class. There is no abstract uml modelling in rad, for that you need rsa ( which if you don't have it, is worth another look as we reduced the price significantly as of the v8 release)

Steve
    Thank you Steve for your response. Nothing shows up when I drop a class into the diagram surface either. As I had stated earlier, java class option does not even show up in the palette. Upon further investigation, I found that the admin that installed RAD on our desktops, did not include the modeling/visualization features. Is there a way to add the modeling features?
  • shootingstars
    shootingstars
    3 Posts

‏2010-12-09T04:13:08Z  
    Thank you Steve for your response. Nothing shows up when I drop a class into the diagram surface either. As I had stated earlier, java class option does not even show up in the palette. Upon further investigation, I found that the admin that installed RAD on our desktops, did not include the modeling/visualization features. Is there a way to add the modeling features?
    I found the solution. I installed the Visualization feature and everything seems to be working fine.
  • IsItGuoyou
    IsItGuoyou
    1 Post

‏2010-12-09T19:41:13Z  
    I found the solution. I installed the Visualization feature and everything seems to be working fine.
    I have the same problem. how do you install the visualization feature?