Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-11-23T15:22:32Z by NaVal@UA
NaVal@UA
NaVal@UA
2 Posts

Pinned topic The doc of "import specifications" isn't rich with examples or explanation

‏2010-11-22T14:35:42Z |
Greetings to you, more experienced colleagues!

Now I am in hard-working process of Cognos Controller implementation in Kiev, Ukraine (Eastern Europe), started from 04 oct 2010.
At this point we have CC-server, that is working in LAN of our customer.

All process is working well, but I have a few troubles, that begin to pose a threat to the implementation of the project. The most hot trouble - is to setting up the process of data import via staging tables. The simple case of data import (without any operation) was successful.

But, I have need to change some data (f.e. account code). My continuous attempts was not successful, because of understanding lack in application of operation in import specification.

Last result is:
I have the import specification, named "XSTAGEFACTS03".
I set (on Fields(1) tab) the field ACCOUNT to use existed operation _ACCOUNTS1.
Operation _ACCOUNTS1 have 2 chain-rows
first - GetItem (with and/or without any kind of optioanal arguments).
second - LOOKUP (with existed table LOOKUP01 and 'ON NO MATCH EXCLUDED' as argument).

This described example still not working, for my very sorry. The question IS -
1. How to use operations in import specification?
OR
2. Where can I find more intelligibly document, that describe this situation?

Thank you!

Valery.
Updated on 2010-11-23T15:22:32Z at 2010-11-23T15:22:32Z by NaVal@UA
  • paulyoungcga
    paulyoungcga
    2 Posts

Re: The doc of "import specifications" isn't rich with examples or explanation

‏2010-11-23T13:55:01Z  
    You can contace me at paul.young@ca.ibm.com. There are several documents available on developerworks that can help you with the import specification

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/views/data/libraryview.jsp?sort_order=1&product_by=Cognos&search_by=cognospp%20financial%20management&sort_by=Title&sort_order=1&count=100&topic_by=All%20Topics&search_flag=true&show_abstract=true

Regards,
    Paul Young, CGA
  • NaVal@UA
    NaVal@UA
    2 Posts

Re: The doc of "import specifications" isn't rich with examples or explanation

‏2010-11-23T15:22:32Z  
    You can contace me at paul.young@ca.ibm.com. There are several documents available on developerworks that can help you with the import specification

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/views/data/libraryview.jsp?sort_order=1&product_by=Cognos&search_by=cognospp%20financial%20management&sort_by=Title&sort_order=1&count=100&topic_by=All%20Topics&search_flag=true&show_abstract=true

Regards,
    Paul Young, CGA
    Thank you Paul for reply. The letter to you was sent.