Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-21T11:16:48Z by Dev_Dhoot
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1485 Posts

Pinned topic WXS 7.1 Monitoring Web Console

‏2010-11-12T11:35:36Z |
When I run the 'startConsoleServer.bat' script I experience a communication exception during execution of the XSRouterHelper.getAllConfiguredGridNames source code (see attached ffdc log file)

The stand-alone installation of WXS, on which the monitoring console runs, is installed on my local server in C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\eXtremeScale7.1\

WAS console setting:
eXteme Scale Catalog Servers:
Host Name: localhost
JMX Port: 2811
Listener Port: 2811
eXtreme Scale Domains:
Name: CatalogServer1
JMX User: None provided
JMX Password: None provided
Catalog Servers: localhost
Generator class: None provided
Generator properties: None provided
Configuration:
Default settings

The console indicates that the connection to the current domain (CatalogServer1) has successfully been established.

My application client is running on WebSphere Application Server 7.0.0.11 with WXS 7.1, installed locally in C:\RSA75\runtimes\base_v7
The catalog service domain is set up as follow:
Name: CatalogServer1
No JMX authentication credentials are provided
Catalog Server Endpoint: LBAP454012001Node02Cell\LBAP454012001Node02\server1
Client Port: 6600
Listener Port: 2811
JMX Port: 0

Connection to the catalog server is successful and the xsadmin utility indicates the following status:

Connecting to Catalog service at localhost:2811

************Displaying Results for Grid - WXSRefAppGrid, MapSet - CustMS**************

• Listing Maps for LBAP454012001Node02Cell\LBAP454012001Node02\server1 ***
Map Name Partition Map Size Used Bytes (B) Shard Type
Account 0 0 0 Primary
Alert 0 0 0 Primary
Branch 0 0 0 Primary
Customer 0 0 0 Primary
Employee 0 2 528 Primary
Server Total: 2 (528B)

Total Domain Count: 2 (528B)
Updated on 2010-11-26T09:28:30Z at 2010-11-26T09:28:30Z by SystemAdmin
  • annbz
    annbz
    28 Posts

Re: WXS 7.1 Monitoring Web Console

‏2010-11-15T21:03:53Z  
    At this time, we do not support the monitoring console with an XS embedded WAS topology that has security enabled. We understand this is a major restriction, and we will support this in our upcoming XS 7.1 cumulative fixpack 1.

Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1485 Posts

‏2010-11-26T09:28:30Z  
    • annbz
    • ‏2010-11-15T21:03:53Z
    At this time, we do not support the monitoring console with an XS embedded WAS topology that has security enabled. We understand this is a major restriction, and we will support this in our upcoming XS 7.1 cumulative fixpack 1.

Thanks!
    As far as I can see my WAS topology don't have security enabled. How can I make sure of this? Is there a proposed date for the XS7.1 cumulative fixpack 1?
    Thank you.
  • Dev_Dhoot
    Dev_Dhoot
    42 Posts

‏2013-05-21T11:16:48Z  
    • annbz
    • ‏2010-11-15T21:03:53Z

Thanks!

Hi,

I am using WXS  8.5 in stand-alone mode.

I am facing the same  issue as faced earlier in above thread.

The WXS Console deployed along with Catalog Server on the same machine.

I had to kill the console process(java) to get rid of high CPU utilization, reaching upto 98%(approx).

Looking into the logs, I am finding below exceptions.

=====

Exception = org.omg.CORBA.NO_RESPONSE

Source = com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.catalog.wrapper.LocationServiceWrapper.resetRemote

probeid = [wxs1.com:4009, wxs2.com:4009,wxs3.com:4009]

Stack Dump = org.omg.CORBA.NO_RESPONSE: Request 11848462 timed out  vmcid: IBM  minor code: B01 completed: Maybe

at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.getCallStream(Connection.java:2360)

at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.send(Connection.java:2287)

at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection._locate(Connection.java:496)

at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.locate(Connection.java:472)

at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.GIOPImpl.locate(GIOPImpl.java:229)

at com.ibm.rmi.corba.Corbaloc.locateUsingINS(Corbaloc.java:307)

at com.ibm.rmi.corba.Corbaloc.resolve(Corbaloc.java:378)

at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ORB.objectURLToObject(ORB.java:3789)

at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ORB.string_to_object(ORB.java:3687)

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.catalog.wrapper.LocationServiceWrapper.resetRemote(LocationServiceWrapper.java:203)

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.catalog.wrapper.LocationServiceWrapper.resetRemote(LocationServiceWrapper.java:148)

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.catalog.wrapper.LocationServiceWrapper.init(LocationServiceWrapper.java:144)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor156.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.catalog.wrapper.SecurityDynamicProxy.invoke(SecurityDynamicProxy.java:148)

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.naming.LocationServiceFactory.createLocationServiceWrapper(LocationServiceFactory.java:375)

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.naming.LocationServiceFactory.bootstrap(LocationServiceFactory.java:244)

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.naming.LocationServiceFactory.bootstrap(LocationServiceFactory.java:127)

at com.ibm.ws.xs.stats.client.routing.xsa.XSRouterHelper.getAllConfiguredGridNames(XSRouterHelper.java:252)

at com.ibm.ws.xs.stats.client.routing.xsa.XSRouterHelper.getAllConfiguredGridNames(XSRouterHelper.java:294)

at com.ibm.ws.xs.stats.client.routing.StatsRetrieverRouter$ConfiguredGridPoller.run(StatsRetrieverRouter.java:1044)

=====

@Annbz:Can you  let me know the root cause of the issue?

--Devendra