Topic
  • No replies
cnuwas
cnuwas
1 Post

Pinned topic Custom user registry users.props password encoding

‏2010-11-11T12:15:34Z |
Hi,

I have configured custom file based registry in WAS 6.0. Created users.props and groups.props files in a folder under WAS_ROOT. Under Custom registry in WAS admin console, I have created Custom properties entry and set values as below. I've also enabled global security and have choosen custom regitry in Authetication. everything works fine. I am able to login with those password in Admin console.

But my passwords in users.props are in plain text, I would like to encode it using PropFilePasswordEncoder.sh. I read several forums and tried to encode it by placing the username and password in sas.client.props file and changed prompt to properties and used the below command to encode.

PropFilePasswordEncoder.sh sas.client.props -SAS (worked fine)

It encoded the password, I copied the password and placed it in users.props as shown below. After I put the encoded password. I am unable to login admin console using the password.. it works fine only with the plain test. What am I doing wrong?

users.props
wasadmin:{XOR}...:501:502:Admin Account

Is there a way to directly encode the password in user.props file like the usage of PropFilePasswordEncode.sh says..

PropFilePasswordEncoder.sh users.props <properties_list>

What are the properties list I should give.. where can I find the properties list..

Please help me to fix the encoding issue. Any help to make the encoded password work is greatly appreciated.

configured Settings

usersFile=/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/config
groupsFile=/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/config

the users.props file contains,
wasadmin:test123:501:502:Admin Account
testuser:test456:503:504:Users

the groups.props file contains,
was:502:wasadmin:Admin group
usergroup:504:testuser:users group

Thanks,
nitsee.