2 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-03-07T16:26:38Z by davidoff
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
151 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Creating a simple ODM 3.4 application from a .mod and a .dat file

‏2010-11-03T12:16:39Z |
Hi folks,

I've just started to use the new ODME IDE, and I would like to know if it is still possible to create an ODM application in which the default scenario is a given .DAT file, as it was in previous versions (just a quick prototype).

So far from reading the documentation, I've found out that doing the converse is easy: that is, generating a .DAT file from the ODM scenario.

I know that probably it has something to do with the Data Source Explorer in the Data perspective of the IDE, but I haven't figured out how to do that so far.

Best regards,
Thiago Serra
Updated on 2011-03-07T16:26:38Z at 2011-03-07T16:26:38Z by davidoff
  • AlexFleischer
    AlexFleischer
    42 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Creating a simple ODM 3.4 application from a .mod and a .dat file

‏2010-11-22T09:28:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi

maybe in doc:http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/odmeinfo/v3r4/index.jsp

you could have a look at

IBM ILOG ODM Enterprise Developer Edition V3.4 > ODM Enterprise User Manual > Basic usage > Creating an ODM Enterprise application > Creating a new ODM Enterprise project in the IDE

where you will see

Creating an ODM Enterprise project with an OPL project

Alex
    • davidoff
      davidoff
      33 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Creating a simple ODM 3.4 application from a .mod and a .dat file

‏2011-03-07T16:26:38Z  in response to AlexFleischer
      Hello

Recreating the ODME project with an OPL project simply creates the new .mod file. It will be mapped with the data structure (datamodel.odmam) that you manually create or import from an existing DB schema ;

Symetrically, suppose you have an existing OPL model, then you create your ODME project and then reverse engineer this OPL model (in the Data perspective) so that now the datamodel fits your OPL structure.

In both cases however, it seems to me that it is not possible anymore to fill the data in ODM with a simple .dat file that you already created. Otherly said, the mapping OPL-DataModel is done using the .mod file. But there is no direct way to inject data files from an original .dat file directly into the datamodel using a datasource since we have only CSV, SQL or Custom Data Source.

Could the support confirm or infirm my statement?

David