Topic
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-17T21:55:58Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Is there any way to do re-assignment of workflow on behalf of the assignee?

‏2010-11-01T17:20:55Z |
Is there any way for somebody (non-assignee) to do re-assignment of workflow on behalf of the assignee?

i.e:
ticket is assigned to Person-A
however Person-A is not available and another, Person-B needs to take over.
How Person-B can re-assign the wfassignment from Person-A to him.

I know it can be done via workflow administration, but I don't want to give Person-B workflow administrator role as he doesn't need to manage the rest of the workflow.
And workflow administration is not easy to use or search wf record.
Updated on 2012-12-17T21:55:58Z at 2012-12-17T21:55:58Z by SystemAdmin
  • Wild_Child
    Wild_Child
    211 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Is there any way to do re-assignment of workflow on behalf of the assignee?

‏2010-11-02T09:56:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello;

We put a new table under records which is formed of active assignments. Also we put a button at every line...
    This button runs a custom class like this:
    import java.rmi.RemoteException;
    import psdi.mbo.MboRemote;
    import psdi.mbo.MboSetRemote;
    import psdi.util.MXException;
    import psdi.webclient.system.beans.DataBean;
    import psdi.webclient.system.controller.AppInstance;
    import psdi.webclient.system.controller.WebClientEvent;
    import psdi.webclient.system.runtime.WebClientRuntime;

public class setSelfAssigned extends DataBean
    {
    public int setSelfAssignment()
    throws RemoteException, MXException
    {
    getMbo().setValue("ASSIGNEE", getMbo().getUserName());
    WebClientEvent closeEvt = new WebClientEvent("dialogok", this.app.getCurrentPageId(), null, this.clientSession);
    WebClientRuntime.sendEvent(closeEvt);
    return 1;
    }
    }

Have a good day..
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-12T07:43:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello RadioButton,

I have the same scenario.
    Any solution for this?

Regards,
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      5842 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-13T03:17:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I would take this approach:

1. Change WFASSIGNMENT to a main object (it has no implications other than for this purpose)

2. Create a relationship on the PERSON object in DBConfig:
      • Name: ACTIVEASSIGNMENTS
      • Child: WFASSIGNMENT
      • Where Clause: assigncode = :personid and status = 'ACTIVE'

3. Create an Action against object PERSON:
      • Type: SetValue
      • Parameter: ACTIVEASSIGNMENTS.PERSONID
      • Value: DELEGATE

4. Set up an escalation against object PERSON:
      Condition: delegate is not null
      Escalation Point: DELEGATEFROMDATE is reached
      Attach a notification to the Escalation, to inform the delegate of the assignments.

5. Add the DELEGATE, DELEGATEFROMDATE and DELEGATETODATE to the Personal Profile dialog that's available from the Maximo bar (next to the Sign Out). All of the data on that dialog box comes from the PERSON record anyway.

6. Have the user set his Delegate on his person record when he is away (this is the hardest part, lol).

Voila! The user's Active assignments should move to the delegate automatically.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested this (yet), but that's what I was planned to do the next time I had this problem (which is all the time). I don't think I missed anything major.

If you do try it, I would appreciate knowing how well it worked and if you had to tweak it a bit.
      Shannon
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        5842 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-13T03:19:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Note: as soon as I hit "post", I realized that you don't really have to do Step #1 - I was thinking that the setup would have to be driven by WFASSIGNMENT when I first starting writing this, which is why I added it. So ignore Step #1.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          5842 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-14T12:19:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Thanks ShannonRotz a lot for the details provided.

In your scenario, the user's Active assignments should move to the delegate automatically.
          In my case, if User A is assigned a ticket in his inbox/Assignments, I need to set an option that any user can take the assignment from User A's Inbox/Assignments to the Inbox/Assignments of the new user.

I appreciate your support
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            5842 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-14T18:27:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            If you want any user to be able to re-assign to any other user, then you can always give them rights to the Workflow Administrator application.

But workflow is designed to enforce the business rules, i.e. who should see and approve a record. This would bypass the rules entirely, in which case you would be better off removing workflow.

I would push back on the users, and/or re-evaluate your workflow design to see if it is really meeting the business requirements.
            Shannon
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              5842 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-17T15:27:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Hi ShannonRotz,

Thanks for the reply, yes you are absolutely right.
              But in my scenario, In case a ticket is assigned to a person, and if that specific person is absent, any other user(logically in the same person group) must be able to take ownership of the ticket and proceed with the workflow.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                5842 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-17T21:55:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                So why not assign it to the group instead? Or, alternatively, you could escalate the assignment to the group after a certain amount of time.