Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-06-24T16:47:00Z by rmvinodh
davidmacb
davidmacb
2 Posts

Pinned topic Data Collection has encountered a problem

‏2010-10-26T17:29:07Z |
I get an error when I run the migration analyzer - I get a pop-up that states that an internal error occurred during "Data Collection". In the workspace .log file I see the following

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2010-10-26 13:09:35.016

!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Data Collection".

!STACK 0

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org/eclipse/jdt/internal/core/search/matching/MatchLocator.addWorkingCopies(Lorg/eclipse/jdt/core/search/SearchPattern;[Lorg/eclipse/jdt/core/search/SearchDocument;[Lorg/eclipse/jdt/core/ICompilationUnit;Lorg/eclipse/jdt/core/search/SearchParticipant;)[Lorg/eclipse/jdt/core/search/SearchDocument;

at com.ibm.rsaz.analysis.architecture.java.intenral.search.RSARBasicSearchEngine.searchDeclarations(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.search.BasicSearchEngine.searchDeclarationsOfReferencedTypes(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.rsaz.analysis.architecture.java.collector.DependencyDataCollector.findDependenciesFor(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.rsaz.analysis.architecture.java.collector.DependencyDataCollector.populateDependencyData(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.rsaz.analysis.architecture.java.collector.DependencyDataCollector.startCollectingData(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.rsaz.analysis.core.data.AbstractDataCollector.collectData(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.rsaz.analysis.core.data.AnalysisDataCollectorsManager.collectData(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.rsaz.analysis.core.manager.AnalysisProviderManager.collectData(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.rsaz.analysis.core.manager.AnalysisProviderManager$1.run(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Unknown Source)

Environment:
  • RAD 7.5.5.2
  • application migration tool 2.0.1.201010080940

Any way to resolve this?
Updated on 2011-06-24T16:47:00Z at 2011-06-24T16:47:00Z by rmvinodh
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

Re: Data Collection has encountered a problem

‏2010-10-26T18:02:47Z  
    Hi David,
    Do you have all the rules selected? In particular, there is a known problem with the Java Architectural Discovery rules when running on Eclipse 3.4.x which RAD 7.5 uses. If you have Java Architectural Discovery rules selected, try clearing that selection, and rerun. If it is not selected, post which rules you are using.

Cindy
  • davidmacb
    davidmacb
    2 Posts

‏2010-10-26T18:16:01Z  
    Hi David,
    Do you have all the rules selected? In particular, there is a known problem with the Java Architectural Discovery rules when running on Eclipse 3.4.x which RAD 7.5 uses. If you have Java Architectural Discovery rules selected, try clearing that selection, and rerun. If it is not selected, post which rules you are using.

Cindy
    Hi Cindy,

I had selected all of the rules, and unselecting Java Architectural Discovery rules before running the analyzer resolved the problem. Thanks!

Message to the developers: Until it is resolved it'd be handy if this incompatibility was documented, say, in the install guide.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

‏2010-10-26T19:38:16Z  
    • davidmacb
    • ‏2010-10-26T18:16:01Z
    Hi Cindy,

I had selected all of the rules, and unselecting Java Architectural Discovery rules before running the analyzer resolved the problem. Thanks!

Message to the developers: Until it is resolved it'd be handy if this incompatibility was documented, say, in the install guide.
    Hi David,
    Glad that got you past the issue.

The Java Architectural Discovery rules item is the last entry in "Known issues" section of the document. See the "Troubleshooting" chapter for additional information. The document is included in the downloaded zip file, and is provided as a separate download from developerWorks.

Thanks,
    Cindy
  • rmvinodh
    rmvinodh
    1 Post

‏2011-06-24T16:47:00Z  
    Hi David,
    Glad that got you past the issue.

The Java Architectural Discovery rules item is the last entry in "Known issues" section of the document. See the "Troubleshooting" chapter for additional information. The document is included in the downloaded zip file, and is provided as a separate download from developerWorks.

Thanks,
    Cindy
    Thanks Cindy & David, it saved me a lot of time.