I've one requirement as below
1. Basically, need to take copy/backup of a lot of datasets at once in batch mode
2. All these datasets are of different attributes (obviously).
3. All these datasets are flat datasets.
4. There are two inputs to the solution.
4.1. One is the list of datasets to be copied
4.2. And second one is the list of datasets after copied.
5. The output or result is
5.1. The input datasets will be copied to corresponding output datasets
6. The entire process is to be done in batch mode.
7. There should not be a need to mention attributes of the output datasets, that should be taken from the source datasets, I mean, the DCB parameters, etc,
The prototype of the solution in my mind is like below
//STEPNAME EXEC <program/utility for copy/backup>
//INPUTS DD DSN=a control card which contains the list of datasets to be copied
//OUTPUTS DD DSN=a control card which contains the list of new
datasets corresponding to the above list
pls suggest any solution to this or direct me to another way of looking at this requirement.
Anyone remember a discussion of this type of requirement in any other thread? If so, pls post the link to that thread here.
Thanks in advance.
NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
This topic has been locked.