Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-10-26T05:42:57Z by SystemAdmin
Suffeli
Suffeli
18 Posts

Pinned topic Crosstab Layout Component Reference ?

‏2010-10-25T13:31:36Z |
Hi,

I would like to have a one common template for crosstab layout. When I decide to change color of column header all reports will be updated. What is a best approach?
I tried to use Layout Component Reference following way: I created empty crosstab with the layout. Created another report where I tried to take that in use with Layout component reference tool. Next I tried to add data items in crosstab and got message "You can't insert an object inside the selected location". Is crosstab reference including data/query also? Overrides would break the automatic updates.

Suffeli
Updated on 2010-10-26T05:42:57Z at 2010-10-26T05:42:57Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

Re: Crosstab Layout Component Reference ?

‏2010-10-25T22:49:59Z  
    A layout component reference only includes the layout and does not include any of the query references. Your best approach is to look at using the css files for the common styles and formatting within Cognos 8. You might be thinking about using templates but a template is only used to create the initial report and it doesn't give you the ability to update the report with later changes to the template.
  • Suffeli
    Suffeli
    18 Posts

‏2010-10-26T05:29:21Z  
    A layout component reference only includes the layout and does not include any of the query references. Your best approach is to look at using the css files for the common styles and formatting within Cognos 8. You might be thinking about using templates but a template is only used to create the initial report and it doesn't give you the ability to update the report with later changes to the template.
    I only want layout, not data.
    But it look like the data items where coming also when I refer to crosstb (at my library report)
    I also tried to do empty corosstab with the layout but got that message.

Suffeli
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

‏2010-10-26T05:42:57Z  
    • Suffeli
    • ‏2010-10-26T05:29:21Z
    I only want layout, not data.
    But it look like the data items where coming also when I refer to crosstb (at my library report)
    I also tried to do empty corosstab with the layout but got that message.

Suffeli
    If you really want to use a layout component reference for a crosstab then you will have to duplicate the query in the new report before you use the layout component reference. Note that this does not give you the ability to modify the crosstab layout in any way in the new report. Changes can only be made in the source report for the layout reference.